Avenova?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avenova?

My eye doc recommended (and sold me) some stuff called Avenova for MGD. You spray it on a cotton pad or something and wipe your lids with it. I was wondering if people had opinions on the stuff, since it's kind of expensive.

Originally posted by Mastiff View Post
    My eye doc recommended (and sold me) some stuff called Avenova for MGD. You spray it on a cotton pad or something and wipe your lids with it. I was wondering if people had opinions on the stuff, since it's kind of expensive.
    Last edited by savino; 02-Sep-2016, 03:47.

Comment

I used it, it did not make a difference for me. I got a free bottle from my eye doctor. I hope it helps someone else, everyone is different.

Comment

Originally posted by runnergirl View Post
        I used it, it did not make a difference for me. I got a free bottle from my eye doctor. I hope it helps someone else, everyone is different.

Comment

Savino - I have that with residual mgd. The oil coming out of my meibomian glands is like "marzipan" according to my consultant. I'm doing all the usual stuff - hot compresses, keeping margins clean etc. Haven't heard of this product. What's your issue and what are you finding helpful?

Comment

Hi Savino,

You know what, I really don't know exactly what I have. one doctor said one thing another said another thing. I just know that my eye lid rims are always pinkish red and I really do believe it is a form of blepharitis that I have. So, I try everything. Maybe I don't use it enough. When I am done with a bottle or done with a box of wipes and they did nothing for me....I stop spending money on it and look for something else. This spray was new when I got it about a year and a half ago. possibly I did not give it enough chance, I would try it again. It did not sting in any way. I sprayed it on a very small bit of a cotton ball and rubbed it over my lash line. Then waited about 30 seconds before opening my eye. I also had Lasik done about 8 years ago AND I am 51 years old so I am really into pre menopause stage especially with my hormones going crazy so all this may attribute to my dry eye.....says doctor #4. hahahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by NatUK View Post
              Savino - I have that with residual mgd. The oil coming out of my meibomian glands is like "marzipan" according to my consultant. I'm doing all the usual stuff - hot compresses, keeping margins clean etc. Haven't heard of this product. What's your issue and what are you finding helpful?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X