Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And when did you see a difference (if you did) in symptoms?

Comment

Symtoms improved after a few weeks, maybe 3 or 4, but not dramatically. And the extreme discomort from the demodex die off subsided after about 10 days. I've been using some form of Tea Tree Oil nearly a year. The symptoms have been improving slowly. When stopping Cliradex for a short time, the symptoms became somewhat worse.

Symptoms included veining on the lid margins, enlarged meibomian gland openings, something I call "lesions" on the lid margins, and redness on the skin inside the lids, bubbles in the tear film and a feeling of soapiness, and all manner of symptoms in the eye lashes - extra row of lashes, falling out, colorless, growing into each other. Except for the lashes, all symptoms have improved. Some of the symptoms, in particular the bubbles and soapiness, are also caused by secretion of free fatty acids which is a result of Hashimoto's hypothyroid, a co-morbidity in my case.

Comment

Interesting...I also have lashes that are kinda growing in an extra row. Some are tan as opposed to black and they fall out easily. It sounds like your main issue is not the Demodex though? I have veins on the white part of my eye and on the lids a little bit. But I dont really have "red eyes". Also docs always tell me I dont have dry eyes and there is no staining. UGH!

Comment

Hi all - I thought I'd post an update. I've used the Cliradex wipes for 12 days now (at night only) and have definitely noticed a positive change in my eyes. (Yay!) The first thing that has changed is that my eyes are not burning constantly. The second is that now when I'm somewhere with fluorescent lighting (stores, offices, pretty much every where except my home) my eyes are not as horribly red/veiny as they were. For me this is HUGE. That redness has bothered me as much as the dryness for these 9 years. (I used to get compliments on my eyes all the time when they were healthy and white and yes, I am vain - I like to look good.) They are still not 100% back to normal whiteness, but they are better and I'm hoping that when the 6 weeks is over, I will have improved even more. I'm also hoping the dryness will subside a bit and that my meibomian glands will be clearer too. I will update in another week or two. (I was out of town last week with no internet access.)

Comment

Great news Alison! how long into treatment before you saw results? Are you doing anything other than Cliradex?

Comment

Around day 5 or so there was no more burning. My eyes didn't looks as good today when I was out at Target so I'm not sure what's going on with that....

I'm also using a very low-dose antibiotic drop as mentioned above - "He prescribed an antibiotic drop since I had mentioned that two times over the past two years I'd ended up with pink eye those drops made my eyes feel a lot better. He said, 'well, you have dirty tears so that makes sense' and he then prescribed a very low dose antibiotic drop for me to use daily." It is supposed to counteract the bacteria the mites leave in the tear film.

My eyes are still no where bear back to normal but I'll take even a little improvement right now.

Comment

Alison, do you have moisture chambers to wear in places like target? I don't think I would go into somewhere like that without them unless I am wearing my sclerals. I get funny looks sometimes from wearing sunglasses inside but I'd rather that than pain and red eyes. I am still getting used to the sclerals but my eyes are better when I have them on. BUT I am worried about long term use of contacts, and I get a rebound once they are off. My doctor said "it's normal" but I don't want to make myself worse so I don't wear them everyday.

Congrats on the success! Let us know if it continues

Comment

Hi Faith1989 - no moisture chambers for me since I have to wear prescription glasses to see with. I've never had LASIK and can't wear contacts. I suppose I could get some with my prescription in them (I think?) but haven't yet. Yes, I'll keep you posted about my progress too.

Comment

My update:

I just finished my 6 weeks using Cliradex and have had improvement because of it. My eyes are still dry, and burn at times but here are the positives.

1. My eyes are less red then they used to be (by red - I am referring to the visible red veins).
                    2. my eye doc said that the cylindrical dandruff I used to have on my lashes is gone (it was never visible to he naked eye) and that my lashes are now all coming in a lighter color - he was not sure what that meant or if it was common so was going to check into it.
                    3. My tear film is "better" so I'm assuming the quality of my tears is too. Before he referred to them as "dirty tears".
                    4. My miebomian glands are not nearly as clogged as they were.

During the time I used the Cliradex I did not do any warm compresses or other lid scrubs at all. So...I guess it's a few steps in the right direction. Not a *cure* by any means since I'm still dry and they still burn.

He asked me if I wanted to try contacts again and gave me a sample. I wore them yesterday and could only get 4 hours out of them and that was stretching it. I don't see him again until 6 mos. and am not sure if there are any other treatments we are going to try or if this is just as good as it gets for me - he really didn't say and I'm now kicking myself for not asking. I guess I will find out in 6 mos.

Comment

Update: I no longer need to use ointment at night. Refresh Optive Advanced before bed and then the Onyx goggles and for the first time in 9/10 years, I can get through the night. I still need PF drops every 4 hours or so during the day. My eyes are still too dry for contact lenses - after 4 hours they feel suctioned to my eyeball and very uncomfortable (I had a heck of a time removing the right one last time I wore a trial pair.) My eyes are also still not as red/veiny as they have been these past years (except when trying the contact lenses). All in all, there has definitely been some improvement for me and I am convinced that demodex was a contributing factor.

Comment

Working...
                      X