Lid wipe comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lid wipe comparison

I went on a lid wipe purchase binge not too long ago and have decided to create a comparison sheet. Currently, I'm noting:
    Brand / Name of wipe,
    Sheet size,
    Sheet "feel" (soft or other),
    Appearance,
    Burning / Stinging (of course, this is personal but it still could help others),
    Ingredients,
    Misc Notes,
    Description from website.

All but one of these I purchased on Amazon so I don't have a column for that although if there's something particular to note, in that regard, I will in Notes.
    All of the wipes I purchased are No Rinse wipes because that's my preference, so that is also not a necessary column.
    I also am not noting cost because that can vary widely depending on where you purchase these wipes -- there were some sheets I found cheaper elsewhere, online, but due to shipping, convenience, and not wanting a subscription (more than one offered that option), I bought them all on Amazon

Are there any details that I might be leaving out that people might be interested in? I started today with Blephaclean but since I could still add columns without missing too many of the 5 I'm reviewing. Once my review is completed, I'll post the spreadsheet for those who are interested.

Cool thread. I would like to know how much relief you got from each as well if that's possible!

Comment

Hi PotatoCakes. I don't know if you also plan to compare foam lid cleansers, but foam vs. wipes of the same brand can be quite different. For example, I used Ocusoft Lid Scrub Plus Wipes with little success, and then when one of my doctors suggested I try the foam version, Ocusoft Lid Scrub Plus Foaming Cleanser, I tried it and for me the foam works much better.

Comment

Hokucat - Right now I'm just doing wipes. I often use Theratears SteriLid foaming cleanser. I like it but it's not great for travel, especially with a carry on because it's another liquid. I don't use Ocusoft foaming cleanser simply because I can't find it in a store here, so haven't compared the two. Walgreens carries SteriLid. Oddly, the Ocusoft wipes seem to be everywhere, just not their cleanser.

Faith - Unfortunately, I haven't found a wipe or cleanser that gives me relief so I won't be measuring that. My dry eye is bad enough that I've given up on anything making it better / giving me relief; my goal has been to simply manage my symptoms for years. Hopefully, though, I'll be able to provide enough information that people can more easily find a wipe (out of these 5) that does give them some relief, if they are lucky enough to have wipes make a difference.

Comment

You're right, the Ocusoft foaming lid scrubs only seem readily avaible online, not in retail stores for some reason. I order it online. The foams are available on Amazon, and online at Walmart, Walgreens, The Dry Eye Shop, etc.

Comment

I can't seem to upload an attachment so I'm just going to put my findings below

Comment

Please keep in mind, the information below is my opinion and / or was taken from packages & websites and may contain errors, typos and can change without notice so please consult a medical professional and verify any pertinent information before making decisions that will affect your health.
              Name Sheet Size (inches) Sheet "Feel" Appearance Burning / Stinging? Ingredients Notes Description from website or other (promotional)
              Blephaclean ~5 1/3 x ~3 Very soft small holes in fabric No. As directed by instructions, I wiped along the inner eyelid; while it didn’t feel moisturizing to do that, it did not hurt or sting. Capryloyl glycine, Sodium hyaluronate, PEG 8, Poloxamer 184, Polysorbate 20, Porpylene glycol, hydrocotyl extract (propylene glycol, Centella asiatica extract and water), Preservative-free Sebum-regulating complex (propylene glycol, Iris florentina root extract, zinc sulphate, PPG-5 Ceteth 20 and Retinyl palmitate (Vitamin A), alcohol and water), PEG 6 caprylic / capric glycerides (i.e. Macro 6 glycerol caprylocatprate), Dipotassium phosphate, Sodium hydroxide, Potassium dihydrogen phosphate, Purified Water Bleaphaclean wipes are free from detergents and preservative, Blephaclean gently cleanses without irritating the eyes or damaging the outer layers of the skin.
              By virtue of its sophisticated formulation, Blephaclean wipes not only cleanses the skin but also moisturises the outer layers.
              Sensitive skin is soothed and regenerated by hyaluronic acid (a natural skin moisturising agent), capryloyl glycine, Iris Florentina and Centella Asiatica.
              Fragrance-free, preservative-free and non-greasy, Blephaclean does not need to be rinsed after use and can be recommended to contact lens wearers.
              Dr Fischer Eye Care Purified Cleansing Wipes 5 x 6 1/2 Very soft Small holes like a toilet paper design No. Water (aqua), Polysorbate 20, Disodium Phosphate, Lauryl Glucoside, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Phosphate, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Glycerin These sheets are huge and they still encourage you to use a fresh sheet per eye. You could have 3 eyes and still have room on the sheet to clean another. PREMIUM EYE CARE Wipes by Dr. Fischer bring you the gentlest and most effective eyelid wipes that are absolutely free of preservatives, alcohol and other irritants. No more irritation of the most delicate parts of your body.;CLEANING YOUR EYELIDS & LASHES to get rid of oil, dirt, dust, crusted matter, ocular secretions and other foreign bodies has never been easier. Just wipe & clean with Dr. Fischer Premium Eyelid Wipes.;CONJUNCTIVITIS and BLEPHARITIS (along with red eye, dry eye, eye inflammations, & styes) relief means that easing eye irritation caused by these conditions is finally possible! Dr. Fischer Premium Eyelid Wipes prevent bacterial overgrowth & worsening of conditions, allowing your eyes to heal naturally.;MAKE-UP CLEANING & CLEANSING without irritating the most sensitive of eyes is just a matter of using Dr. Fischer Eyelid Wipes daily. They easily remove make-up around your eyes, without pain or irritation!;SAFE & EFFECTIVE FOR ALL AGE GROUPS
              Eyecare Naturals Eyelid Wipes with Tea Tree Oil & Coconut Oil ~4x~5 Soft, not as soft as some of the others. Solid fabric appearance No. Aqua, PEG-40, Hydrogenated Caster Oil, Glycerin, Aloe Bardadensis Leaf Juice, Benzyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Cocs Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolioa (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lauryl Glycoside Mild tea tree smell. Purchased off Amazon. The manufacturer site tries to sell you a subscription. The website goes on about all the natural ingredients but the ingredient list doesn't look as natural as they claim. RELIEF FOR YOUR ITCHY AND DRY EYES - Finally get the relief you need, simply wipe and say goodbye to dry and irritated eyelids!
              MAKEUP REMOVER AND DAILY CLEANSER - Perfect for removing hard-to-clean makeup without irritating your skin! Safe and effective to use every single day as part of a powerful facial beauty routine!
              MADE IN THE USA - You know your face is getting the best treatment it can get. Made in FDA-Inspected and GMP-Compliant Facilities right here in the USA. Completely natural eye wipes!
              PACKED WITH ESSENTIAL OILS - These eye wipes with tea tree oil and coconut oil moisturize your dry eyes for good ocular hygiene, without any dryness or burning sensations! Soothe your itchy eyelids once and for all!
              INDIVIDUALLY WRAPPED - Use one dry eye wipe a day, and you’ll have enough for a whole month of use! Your eyes will thank you, and you’ll help them relax, and reduce eye strain!
              RELIEF FOR YOUR ITCHY AND DRY EYES - Finally get the relief you need, simply wipe and say goodbye to dry and irritated eyelids!
              MAKEUP REMOVER AND DAILY CLEANSER - Perfect for removing hard-to-clean makeup without irritating your skin! Safe and effective to use every single day as part of a powerful facial beauty routine!
              MADE IN THE USA - You know your face is getting the best treatment it can get. Made in FDA-Inspected and GMP-Compliant Facilities right here in the USA. Completely natural eye wipes!
              PACKED WITH ESSENTIAL OILS - These eye wipes with tea tree oil and coconut oil moisturize your dry eyes for good ocular hygiene, without any dryness or burning sensations! Soothe your itchy eyelids once and for all!
              INDIVIDUALLY WRAPPED - Use one dry eye wipe a day, and you’ll have enough for a whole month of use! Your eyes will thank you, and you’ll help them relax, and reduce eye strain!
              Ocusoft Plus 2.5x3.25 Slightly abrasive, good if you need to 'scrub' your lids or have debris Dimpled, not smooth surface No Modified Ringer's Solution, POE-80 Sorbitan Monolaurate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Decyl Polyglucoside, 1,2-Hexanediol and 1,2-Octanediol, Cocoamphodiacetate disodium, d-panthenol, Polyaminopropyl biguanide Effectively removes oil, debris and desquamated skin from the eyelids
              Utilizes a low level preservative blend providing a wide range of anti-bacterial activity
              Recommended for patients with moderate-severe eyelid conditions
              Ovante Therapeutic Towelettes Demodex Control 3.25x3.5 Smooth, soft Solid fabric appearance I opened my eyes before the 1 minute suggested time was up and no but, if you're having a very sensitive eye day or have any abrasions, I would tread with care. Deionized Water, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, DL Panthenol, Cymbopogon Citratus (Lemongrass) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavendar), Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Pogostemon (Patchouli) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Oil Definite tea tree oil smell. This is one of the few sheets I've seen that encourages you to use one for both eyes vs a new package for both eyes. I appreciate the practicality. Gentle, non-irritating, sting-free, premium quality cleansing towelettes.
              Enriched with essential oils for relieving of blepharitis, ocular irritation, dry eyes, demodex and its symptoms.
              Cleanse, soothe, refresh, and moisturize irritated eyelids, eyelashes and facial skin.
              Safe, effective, easy to use. Extra Large Size Wipes for better cleaning and higher efficacy.
              Convenient, portable - ideal solution for relieving symptoms of demodex, ocular irritation and blepharitis at home, office and on the go.

Comment

Working...
              X