This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• azasite and ocusoft cleanser availibilities

I have used azasite two times now to help control blepharitis with a great deal of success; however, my local pharmacy now contends that neither of its two suppliers is able to obtain this. I have called other pharmacies in my area with the same result. Upon researching online, it seems that a few months ago a rumor was circulating that Merck was no longer going to manufacture this drug but that does not seem to be the case. I did find one mention online of a doctor in Hawaii who posted a couple of months ago that he was having trouble obtaining this drug as well. Has anyone else had this problem?
    In a similar vein, I have used Ocusoft eyelid cleanser eye scrub for years, NOT the premoistened pads (which I also use) and NOT the eye scrub that is a foam in a pump container but just a liquid that I could apply with q-tips. I always have ordered directly from the Ocusoft co. b/c no retailer ever carried this product; now, however, it is no longer listed on their website and I am unable to get thru by phone to their office. (Hopefully they are just gone for the holidays but who knows.) Has anyone else used this product and if so, where is it available?

Good luck. I think you can still get Azasite:
    http://www.healio.com/ophthalmology/...ews-on-azasite

Comment

My pharmacy called to say that AzaSite is being distributed once again. (Feb 28, 2014)

Comment

Working...
      X