cliradex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cliradex

Anyone here using Cliradex and liking it?

Talked to my mom the other day... She has been seeing more and more poorly for some time, even having trouble reading, and difficulty driving. She's so used to being told by doctors, about practically any symptom, that it's normal for "people her age" (she's nearly 80) that it never really occurred to her that there might be something going on that was easily fixable. Anyway she recently went to see an OD we both really like a lot and he said he saw a lot of staph. Gave her Cliradex wipes to use daily for a week and thereafter once weekly. She started seeing MUCH better within days and was thrilled. I was pretty impressed. Just curious if there are users here who have seen good results. It costs twice as much as other lid hygiene products.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Hi Rebecca.

I have just started using Cliradex again as I can afford it now lol But it is worth the money to me. I stock pile the stuff. I use it over my whole face. I just also started taking Zinc 100 mg three times a day as I read in my health magazine that over 12 weeks 79% of people with moderate to severe acne saw an 80% reduction... maybe it will help the lids if it helps the skin?

But YES to Cliradex

Comment

i like it too. not sure how much of a long term benefit i saw from it but definitely makes my eyes feel better for a couple hours after use. im about to start on it again as maintenance (after trying a more thorough tea tree oil lid cleansing with Dr Safran on Friday).

if it wasnt so expensive, i would use it twice a day forever.

Comment

I've just purchased some Cliradex so will report back. I have mild facial rosacea and ocular rosacea. Haven't been able to get anyone to test for demodex so I'm not sure if I actually have them but I'm going to give these a go. My eyes aren't as sensitive as they were a few months back so I've waited until now to give them a go as I've heard they burn like crazy!

Comment

I too just purchased Cliridex and will start using it soon. Dr. ****** down in Tampa found that I had a staph infection in my eyelashes which helped a lot once he treated it. I also read that the cliradex fights the bacterial load on the eyelashes, and I too have rosacea so hopefully it will be another good treatment option. It is pricey though. I'm going to cut the wipes in half like I do with the occulsoft wipes.

Comment

I used two boxes last spring, and it did help. Am currently using Cliradex for maintenance. Not sure if I had Demodex or not, but it does seem to help. I've wondered if the antibacterial qualities are beneficial even if one does not have Demodex. Apparently most of us have mites if we live long enough. Really happy to hear Cliradex is helping your mom, Rebecca.

Comment

Just used a Cliradex wipe for the first time. Panic set in when I thought the menthol stinging wouldn't go but it dissipated after a couple of minutes.

Glad you had improvement after the staph infection was treated Phillips55 and I hope you get further improvement with the Cliradex. Keep us updated.

Comment

I was diagnosed with mgd and was told age related but I asked if demodex can be possible and was told after 3rd ipl treatment to use claridex wipes twice a day till next appointment to see if it helps. Only used them4 days so far so too soon to tell as I also have allergies and doctor said this state is allergy alley I hope your mom continues to improve

Comment

I've been using them and have not found them to be helpful above other lid hygiene wipes. Probably worth a try though if you can afford it and can tolerate the temporary stinging.

Comment

I researched if there is a possibility that allergies can be due to Demodex as the dry eye and Allergies just started and both at the same time and the answer was yes has any one else experienced this it is hard to tell as symptoms can be similar

Comment

I checked online if allergies may be caused by demodex since allergies and my dry eye started at same time. The article agreed does anyone have an experience with this.

Comment

Can you show me the link?! Cliradex really helps me but still don't feel cured by any means.

Comment

http://www.eyeworld.org/article.php?sid=4381

it's just speculation by Dr Safran

Comment

Hi faith. I was told to use claridex two times a day and for as long as it takes to kill the mites and the eggs
                            Last edited by ritaann333; 21-Jul-2014, 21:08.

Comment

Can anyone tell me how you were tested for staph infection since I wonder if the Mites can show Up on the test,
                              Last edited by ritaann333; 22-Jul-2014, 17:05.

Comment

Working...
                              X