How important is Cleaning Your Eyes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How important is Cleaning Your Eyes?

Hi guys, How important do you feel is cleaning your eyes well? Does it help mitigate your dry eye symptoms?

What happens when you do not clean them well every day?

I have been a member here for almost 8 years, but do not come on here too often, and have learned some other strategies, and have managed to manage slightly and get by...but sometimes this really bothers me, and I'm still looking for relief!

Thank you.
    I would love to hear your experiences.

Ben

Hi - Frankly I have not noticed much difference; I have tried using small makeup removal wipes and a foamy lid scrub. If I have any slight discharge or crusting it removes that - not a usual problem for me -- but I don't notice any improvement when I clean the lids or not.

BTW - The thing that's helped me most since I discovered it is using Refresh nighttime gel with mineral oil - I use it mostly during the day and it's WAY better than any drop I've tried or even Genteal gel.

Richard

QUOTE=boston;95874]Hi guys, How important do you feel is cleaning your eyes well? Does it help mitigate your dry eye symptoms?

What happens when you do not clean them well every day?

I have been a member here for almost 8 years, but do not come on here too often, and have learned some other strategies, and have managed to manage slightly and get by...but sometimes this really bothers me, and I'm still looking for relief!

Thank you.
    I would love to hear your experiences.

Ben[/QUOTE]

Comment

I think it depends on exactly what your condition is. If you have issues with demodex or bacteria then I would think it would make a difference. I used to clean my lashes with baby shampoo or the specialized wipes but was told that for my condition I dont need to and that it could irritate me. I did not notice a difference once I stopped.

Comment

I use scrubs twice daily, and my eyes feel so much better afterwards. When I don't scrub, I get eye infections and my eyes are very uncomfortable. Like MGD30 said, I think it probably depends on your individual situation. You are an old hand at all of this Boston, so probably have already read this: http://www.dryeyezone.com/encyclopedia/lidscrubs.html

If you don't need to do it, that seems like a very good thing. Wish I was in that category too! Best Wishes.

Comment

Working...
        X