Cliradex:worse before better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cliradex:worse before better?

I have been using Cliradex for over a week now and my blepharitis has gotten worse! I haven't been diagnosed with demodex but suspect I might have them. I have rosacea on my nose and always get this crawling feeling on my nose and cheeks. It's gross. My question if anyone can help me, is do you get worse at first if the mites are dying? How long should I wait or should I stop treatment?

Hi Faith - I never noticed any difference from long term use of cliradex even though I've had two different doctors show me the mites on my eyelashes. But the "die off" thing is what a lot of doctors talk about so you should probably give it a few weeks (the time it takes to kill the mites and their eggs). I personally think (along with another commentor a couple weeks back) that demodex is being overblown by a few doctors and isn't really causing as much harm as they claim. But it doesn't hurt to try.

Comment

Have you found anything that has helped?

Comment

ummm in relation to demodex? Definitely no. Generally? short answer is still no. I have made progress in my diagnosis however recently. I definitely have some sort of allergy (pataday works wonders for me but only lasts about 4 hours) as well as lagophthalmos that is exacerbating the inflammation from the allergy. i recently began a (half-ass) elimination diet because I suspect food allergies and have definitely noticed an improvement. But because of some trips and social things the past couple months I haven't been able to 100% stick to it yet. I started it strictly this week.

I remember seeing you already have adjusted your diet so sorry this won't be very helpful to you. For me right now, im hoping i will continue to improve by sticking to it.

Comment

What type of diet are you doing?

Comment

en elimination diet. its very limited and pretty miserable.

Comment

Hate to tell you this Grant, but most everything I eliminated from my diet needed to stay eliminated. Wishing you the best of luck, and hoping this isn't the case for you too. Let us know if you improve Faith. I noticed immediate relief from Cliradex, but we are all so different in how we respond. I think too much Cliradex isn't necessarily a good thing. I used it two separate rounds, and don't think it was needed the second time around as it seemed to cause some irritation.

Comment

I'm doing better on it now. I'm going to keep up with it. Regarding diet, I totally agree. I cannot eat to much carbs or sugars, canola/sunflower oil, to much salmon (yes it's a weird one), peanuts, corn, soy. I can pretty much eat nuts, meat, vegetables and some berries. I've found that eating bad foods is not worth the flare up. It takes a long time to find out the triggers.

Comment

Working...
                X