Lid scrubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lid scrubs

I would like to start doing lid scrubs and compresses. Could someone fill me in on how to do this? What kind of soap to use? How many times? Also, do the homemade rice baggies work as well a store bought? If not, where is the best place to buy? I have researched lid scrubs, but I just wanted feedback from someone who knows about it. Can anyone tell a noticeable difference from doing lid scrubs and compresses? Any feedback would be much appreciated

Originally posted by clintsmommy
    I would like to start doing lid scrubs and compresses. Could someone fill me in on how to do this? What kind of soap to use? How many times? Also, do the homemade rice baggies work as well a store bought? If not, where is the best place to buy? I have researched lid scrubs, but I just wanted feedback from someone who knows about it. Can anyone tell a noticeable difference from doing lid scrubs and compresses? Any feedback would be much appreciated
    Lid scrubs: My personal preference is NO soap. I simply use a Q-tip dipped in unpreserved saline and wipe around my lid margins gently; occasionally I'll use a bit of pressure if I'm doing it after a warm compress. I used to do this at least twice a day.

A more conventional approach is a solution of baby shampoo and water (1:7) but please be careful with this and if your eyes get any worse, stop doing it. Finally, there are many proprietary "lid scrub" products on the market. Please see our little consumer guide page on lid scrubs for details, which also has links to the manufacturers' websites for details on how to order them. See also our MGD/Blepharitis forum for other users' past comments.

Warm compresses: I'm not aware of anyplace you can buy rice bag compresses - most people make their own. I think there are some similar products on the market with different types of fillers though. Personally I've been more satisfied with rice bags than anything else, and they definitely make a difference for me. Strongest word of advice with compresses: DON'T OVERDO IT. Too much heat is not good.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X