lid therapy has helped me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lid therapy has helped me!

ever since my dry eye condition i have been applying hot compresses when my eye gets particularly painful. and it helps, even if it's for a little while it's worth it. however i have never actually exercised a routine of lid scrubs, hot compresses, and eye massages. simply because i was wary of using a q-tip on my eye and it was too much of a hassle. last thing i needed under stressful circumstances was another chore!

alas, last week when i was surfing the site i stumbled upon the easy 4-step strategy for applying lid therapy, so i thought i'd give it a shot anyway. now for a continuous 5 days i have been scrubbing my eye lids with baby shampoo religiously twice a day and i notice a huge difference! the pain has subdued, with the occasional burning sensation that i can deal with. and i didn't struggle as much as i intially thought i would! it's really quite simple once you get used to it.

now i do not want to get my hopes up, for all i know this could be temporary relief. however, i would like to thank this site for giving me atleast one good week!

- homes

ps> i had my blood drawn yesterday and my serum drops should be prepared by tomorrow. i will post a diary of my daily progress when i start using them.

Homes,

I'm glad to hear of your relief. Let's hope it holds for a good long while. I will be anxious to hear of your progress with the serum drops.

Diana
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

well my relief didn't last much longer , infact my eyes are more irritable than ever.

must keep faith.

Comment

Originally posted by homes
        well my relief didn't last much longer , infact my eyes are more irritable than ever.

must keep faith.
        The ups and downs of dry eye are unpredictable and I'm sorry your relief was short-lived. Relief from any of the comfort measures (warm compresses, lid scrubs etc.) is also unpredictable. I start my day with the equivalent of a warm compress (hold my warm coffee mug against my closed eyes) and my eyes feel really good, the meibomian glands flow and all is right with the world. By mid-afternoon nothing, nada, gets the meib glands flowing. A warm compress feels good mid-afternoon but I don't get the same relief from it that I do first thing in the morning.
        Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

There is the possibility that the lid therapy may have been applied too vigorously in this case (similar to our mucus fishing friend), resulting in eye irritation. While baby shampoo doesn't necessarily sting, it is still a soap.

DrG

Comment

Working...
          X