MGD? is it? probably not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGD? is it? probably not?

I’ve got a quite wield problem. My doctor used to prescribe dox (didn't help at all, I don't have inflammation on eyelids) to me, so I guess I got this MGD thing, however, when I follow the treatment of MGD like wiping your eyelid with swab or washing your face with warm water, my eyes actually feel worse. It feels like my eyelid gland just doesn't produce enough oil, so when I try to clean eyelid, I simply get rid of the oil which is already not enough for a healthy lipid layer.

So right now, when I am taking a hot shower I need to try to avoid direct rinse of my face so that the oil could be kept on my eyelid, and this does make me feel better after a hot shower. I need to clean my eyelids as few as possible.

It sounds a bit different from other ppl’s MGD. All I heard in this forum is inflammation of eyelid, and then too much oil comes out, then eyelid gland is blocked. In my case, I do not see inflammation or too much oil. It looks like it just doesn’t produce enough oil.

Does anyone else have this sort of prolem? How do u cope with it?
    I believe I can fly!

It sounds a bit different from other ppl’s MGD. All I heard in this forum is inflammation of eyelid, and then too much oil comes out, then eyelid gland is blocked. In my case, I do not see inflammation or too much oil. It looks like it just doesn’t produce enough oil.
    Yes i think i have the same problem 'not enough oil, the MG'S are not blocked' well i cant see any blockage so i assume there is low output or/and inflammation. Although there could be inflammation as well as my inner bottom lids deff look redder when my eyes are bad, do you see more redness on your inner lids? I have started trying progesterone cream and i emailed Dr Connor (the developer), i asked if the cream could work if your MG's are not inflammed, he said almost all dry eye has an inflammatory element.

are you getting water in your eyes? this will probaly wash away oil. I get this in the shower as well, but it does help with the burning.

If your MG'S are inflammed how can you tell? i dont know...

Im sure this is my problem poor output/ maybe slightly inflammed.
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

its quite annoying that when u take shower u have to be careful that water doesnt rinse ur face/eyes.yesterday, i try to enjoy a normal shower, but after that, this burning sensation comes back, i need to keep useing clarymist to cool them down a bit~~ so, the result: one less thing u could enjoy after having DE --- bath
      I believe I can fly!

Comment

Working...
      X