Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the difference between eye lid srubs and eye wash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the difference between eye lid srubs and eye wash?

I know what they both do, but dont they benefit the same things. They both clean the eyes, and doesn't artificial eye drops already wash inside of the eye lids? So would really need a eye wash if you already have a eye scrub solution?

They're all quite different....

Lid scrubs are for cleansing eyelids and are not intended for use in the eye, just on the outer surface of the eyelids. Some are simple cleansers and some have antibacterial properties (e.g. Sterilid and the Ocusoft PLUS products).

Eye washes are intended for rinsing the eye surfaces. Be careful with these as some have toxic preservatives. Unpreserved saline is better for people with dry eye I believe.

Artificial tears are not for "cleaning", they are for lubrication and as such have quite a different consistency and ingredients than eye washes.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

if i wanted to clean my under upper eye lid would I use eye wash?

Comment

Eye washing

I have asked my dry eye doctor if its necessary to buy special product for eye washing (eye surface washing),since I got 4 punctual plugs and there's theoratically no "exchange" between eye and outside. I worried that all the dirty things and bacterials stay inside my eyes all the time. My doctor said its not necessary and if I really wanted to wash my eyes, just use the tap water (tap water in Germany is of high quality).

Comment

Ya if I were you I would use eye wash every once in a while to flush out the debris that cant be drained.

Comment

Working...
          X