Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrub Maintenance

Hi All,

I have had a dry left eye for a few months. I wear RGPs and have for a million years and never had problems. I think with the cold weather, the heat blowing indoors all the time and a puppy I have to get out into the cold constantly, my eye just gave up. It was tearing, itchy and felt like stuff was in it.

Anyway, I went to the eye doc's and he gave me lid scrub. He said that the "chemistry" of the eye can get out of whack with dry eye. That was his way of explaining it, anyway.

So I did the scrub for maybe five days and I do feel muuuuch better. I didn't scrub today and I felt the best--totally normal except for a little pain in the morning. I was able to swim outside in the cold for an hour with goggles on and still be okay so I was pretty happy if not even shocked (let's hope this all lasts.)

Now I am wondering if I should be doing this lid scrub every other day--or even less. Or should I still keep it up daily? Also, is just hot water alone enough?

Thanks much--the info on these boards has been super helpful in gaining an understanding beyond what my doctor said.

Sula

What do you mean your doctor gave you a lid scrub? Did he/she do a cleaning for you? Please give me some details...I would LOVE to go back to wearing my RPGs.

Thanks!

Comment

I use lid scrub twice a day and I don't think it hurts to do it at least once a day. Like you have to keep your symptoms under control so if you stop lid scrub completely or every other day might not be as affective.

Comment

In his book -The dry eye remedy -Dr Latkany states that "the home eye -spa procedure " as he calls it is not only good for those of us suffering from DES due to various causes, but (quote) "is an extremely effective preventative for all those disorders,and it's beneficial for the healthof your eyes in general (P112)

Comment

Status--Scrub Maintenance

Hi Guys,

As weird as it sounds, I seem to be doing better not doing the scrub right now. I wonder--has anyone found them to be drying?

What I have kept up with is, in the morning, a few minutes putting a hot washcloth on my eye. Then I put some wetting solution in both eyes before putting my contacts in. And then I go for it.

Since I do think it was the scrub that helped the situation I will go back to it--probably tomorrow.

I'm glad to be feeling better--thanks in large part to all this info on the boards.

Sula

Comment

Working...
          X