Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any suggestion for moisture/lubricant 4 a comfortable lid massage & 2 avoid scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any suggestion for moisture/lubricant 4 a comfortable lid massage & 2 avoid scratches

any idea for something to create an oily/ smooth effect of the lid skin for the purpose of comfortable lid massage to avoid scratching, irritating this sensitive skin and without the worry of burning/irritating sensation in case it get in contact with the eyes ?

Initially, I was folded towel soaked with hot water for the hot compresses and would massage the lids every couple of minutes while applying the compress. In this method my eyelids were moist from contact with soaked steamed towel, but the downside was that many times at least in the beginning of the session the towel was too hot burning my eyes (for this purpose are cover the soaked towel with another towel, creating layers) and also that the heat was sufficient only for a few minutes. Additionally, this would make the couch or bed wet.

Those days, I use rice baggy, which I find a relative good method to keep the hit going and to avoid too much heat. However, the downside is that this dry my eyelids and therefore the lid massage becoming complicate and torturing. I tried using face cream for the message which make the massage very easy preventing the scratching and irritation but it penetrate into the eyes which is not good at all. So now I just pouring water on my eyes before the massage, but this is uncomfortable since I have to wet my lids very often.

I was wondering if any of you found a better solution (I read about the steaming but this isn't a solution I could apply most of the time) for any oil/lubricant that has smoothing and oily effect of a facial cream but without burning, irritate the eye when get in contact with it ? I guess we're aiming to an oily lubricant which not harmful for the eye.

A couple of possibilities

I really like the Ocusoft foam lidscrub product - original formula not PLUS. It gives the lids a silky (slimey?) feeling which makes it easy to massage them comfortably. One approach would be to hold your face under the showerhead and let the hot water stream on the lids for a bit, then apply some Ocusoft foam and start massaging. Or, apply the rice baggy for awhile and then go to the sink for some foam and do the massaging there.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X