Natural Treatements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Treatements

Scroll through all the pages as there are several natural treatments mostly consisting of compresses and eye washes. Has anyone tried Castor oil directly in the eye or as a compress?

http://www.mamaherb.com/Treatments/L...&id=10&page=1&

I have 2 natropathic doctors who pretty much always prescribe a castor oil pack treatment. Everything from strained joints and ligaments to constipation. Castor helps heat to penetrate the skin and fascia layers and stimulate circulation. I could see that same idea working -- castor oil is very hard to get off your skin though - you'd need a good oil cutting, but gentle makeup remover.

Just a dab though -- organic and pure oil probably would not hurt -- and I imagine would help to penetrate into those glands. But it can be a messy affair -- I've used heat and castor oil on various knee injuries for a while. Many natropath docs swear by it!

Comment

Good website. Where can Castor Oil be got?

Comment

Castor oil

Hi

Castor oil is difficult to obtain here in England - but it may be different in Ireland. Not many chemists stock it because in the past, it was often taken by pregnant women wanting to induce labour. As the practice is questionable, it put chemists off selling it. Where you do find it stocked, be prepared for a lot of questions about its intended use.

It is manufactured by Thornton & Ross in Huddersfield West Yorkshire and they might be able to tell you of suppliers.

I bought some over the internet - if I recall correctly, the site was called something like `enaissance'. Make sure you get the pure sort. It isn't expensive.

Comment

Thanks for that. Have you tried it and does it help?

Comment

castor oil

I have tried it and I'm afraid there didn't seem to be any change - but again, my expectations were probably a little too high. I have had the condition for 15 years so I shouldn't expect miracles. However, I know it has helped some people - so I would certainly support anyone giving it a try.

My eyes get very dry with all the bathing and rubbing and I find that this is alleviated a little by smearing a small amount of oil along the lid edge, near the lashes. I gather castor oil is one of main elements in Restasis eye drops but I have heard mixed views on it.

It may be worth taking a look at this site - you will see that castor oil has been used for medicinal purposes for years.

http://edgarcayce.org/castor_oil_heals.asp

Comment

hello plat, this is a good thread, right now I am using an eyewash called Eye Bright.

it's made by Dr. John R. Christopher. it has bayberry bark, eyebright herb, goldenseal root, red raspberry leaf & Cayenne Pepper. the cayenne pepper is supposed to increase circulation to the eyes, also it stimulates healing to the eye surface. it burns for a few seconds, but after eyes appear whiter, also seems to make vision improve slightly because of the increased circulation.

I use an Eye cup, put about 3 drops of the tincture in it, and dilute with distilled water.

I also have been doing the liver cleanse, with success. my meibomian glands seem to work better now, I am still doing warm compresses every night before i go to bed along with the eyewash. I no longer have any inflammation along my lid margins, it's completely disappeared, haven't had any flare-ups either for the last 3 months.

other symptoms i had besides MGD/blepharitis were:

headaches behind and around eyes, brain fog, blurry vision, aches and pains in wrists/arms. inability to focus. digestive problems, and extreme fatigue after meals. all of these conditions have completely disappeared after doing the liver flushes. I have done a total of 8 liver flushes now. I will do them every 3 weeks, until no more stones come out for 2 consecutive flushes. that's when you can consider your liver clean of intrahepatic gallstones.

I've been including alot more fats and oils in my diet as well. Olive oil, and also unsalted butter. you know fats help your body digest carbohydrates, so when you eat a piece of toast, put a little butter on it or some type of fat, as it improves digestion.

rhad

Comment

Hi Rhad, how long have you been using the eye wash and do you this has helped the MGD? What are your current eye symptoms? Thanks

Comment

I just started using the eye wash about a week ago, I think what the main thing though that has helped the MG's is the liver flush, as the liver produces the cholesterol for the mg's. the meibum is actually made mostly of Cholesterol and wax esters, and some proteins and fatty acids. my oil glands seem to be working alot better, I just started doing the warm compresses in hope to unblock more glands that could be blocked with old thick waxy oil. so first I did liver flushes to try to fix underlying cause the the meibomian glands not secreting proper oil, and now I am doing compresses to get old oil that is blocking glands.
                  I will keep you up on my progress. eyes doing much better, wind doesn't bother my eyes, watching tv or computer, computer does, if I use it for several hours at a time. also, I no longer have any sensitivity to light, I used to have it bad.

rhad

Comment

rhad could you tell me how did u do the liver flush?
                    did u take a special supplement for that?
                    If I have to choose between being happy and sad, I''ll choose being happy....... and you?... so.... stop choosing being unhappy (yeah its hard but....)....stop depressing........ live!!!

Comment

Originally posted by irish eyes View Post
                      I have tried it and I'm afraid there didn't seem to be any change - but again, my expectations were probably a little too high. I have had the condition for 15 years so I shouldn't expect miracles. However, I know it has helped some people - so I would certainly support anyone giving it a try.

My eyes get very dry with all the bathing and rubbing and I find that this is alleviated a little by smearing a small amount of oil along the lid edge, near the lashes. I gather castor oil is one of main elements in Restasis eye drops but I have heard mixed views on it.

It may be worth taking a look at this site - you will see that castor oil has been used for medicinal purposes for years.

http://edgarcayce.org/castor_oil_heals.asp
                      Thanks for that. The skin around my eyes get very dry and irriated too from all the bathing and rubbing and i really need something to help this that won't irriate my actual eyes. I've tried vaesline, baby oil and vitamin e oil but to no avail.

Comment

Originally posted by rhad View Post
                        I just started using the eye wash about a week ago, I think what the main thing though that has helped the MG's is the liver flush, as the liver produces the cholesterol for the mg's. the meibum is actually made mostly of Cholesterol and wax esters, and some proteins and fatty acids. my oil glands seem to be working alot better, I just started doing the warm compresses in hope to unblock more glands that could be blocked with old thick waxy oil. so first I did liver flushes to try to fix underlying cause the the meibomian glands not secreting proper oil, and now I am doing compresses to get old oil that is blocking glands.
                        I will keep you up on my progress. eyes doing much better, wind doesn't bother my eyes, watching tv or computer, computer does, if I use it for several hours at a time. also, I no longer have any sensitivity to light, I used to have it bad.

rhad
                        Rhad,

I also would be very interested in knowing how you did your liver flush, did you take pills or supplements, and can you just buy them or did you have to see some kind of practitioner?

thanks in advances

Comment

Taken from Traditional Chinese Medicine basics:

"Liver qi is in communication with the eyes, so the eyes will be able to distinguish the five colors." Thus an abnormality of liver function can affect the eyes. If the liver blood is insufficient, there will be a dryness of the eyes, blurred vision, or night blindness. If pathogenic wind-heat attacks the liver channel, redness, swelling and pain in the eyes will be the symptoms. If the liver fire flares up, conjunctivitis may occur......"

When I have acupuncture to help with dry eye pain, the practitioner always comments on the liver playing a very important part in it all.

Thanks Rhad - for this very interesting posting.

Comment

Hey Rhad, Can you please elaborate what you meant by you noticed more bile come out?

Also, what color and what were your stools like prior to the cleanse and what are they like now. Cause I know that if you have decreased bile flow your stools will be chalky. How are the eyes doing?

Thanks

Comment

well firstly, I have had gastro-intestinal problems, like indigestion, and constipation, gas, extreme fatigue after meals, etc. all of these have been resolved by doing a professional colonic, which helped a little, but the digestion didn't start to improve until after a couple of liver flushes. when you do a liver flush, stones and water come out, in the morning after the flush, also bile comes out, as it is bile that flushes the stones out, the bile actually feels like a slight burning sensation, as comes out in the toilet, when bile comes out of your bottom, in the toilet it looks almost like urine, bright yellow, it burns your bum. All my problems with constipation have been resolved, It didn't matter what I ate, I went to alot of MD's that told me that I just needed to eat more fiber and drink more water, but that didn't seem to help at all, it didn't matter how much or how little fiber I consumed in my diet, I had a sluggish bowel, that gave me troubles. After the liver flushes, i doesn't matter how much fiber I eat, I don't have any problems with constipation, indigestion, all have disappeared. a healthy stool is supposed to be light to medium brown, green is unhealthy, gray is also unhealthy, dry hard stools are also a sign of lack of bile flow.

rhad

Comment

Working...
                              X