question re: lid scrubs...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question re: lid scrubs...???

I have never been told to do lid scrubs-in fact my doctor told me not to. I was just wondering if others out there were told not to do the scrubs as well-or if they were told to do the scrubs and how they helped. I tried on my own several months ago w/ baby shampoo and it just seemed to really dry my eyes out. I have MGD and Sjogrens but don't have any flaking or white residue on my lashes.. is that primarily what lid scrubs are used for???

Thanks!
    Jen
    Jenny

Hi Jenny, lid scrubs are to help keep the lashline clean and the glands "open." Dry eyed folks have a tendency to have "clogged" glands which keep the precious oil locked inside the glands. Doing a warm compress is to loosen the hardened debris and the lidscrub is to clean it away and open up the glands with the mild abrasion. Hopefully, some one will come along and put this together for you. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Once every 3 days IMO.
      Which is it? Is it what you know or who you know? Or is it how well you convey what you know to who you know it to?

-Tim

Comment

My opthamologist also told me not to the scrubs or the compresses. According to him I have a mild case of blepharitis, even though I am miserable and my lashes are almost gone. Another doctor told me I had a bad case of bleph, so I think they are all nuts. I did the scrubs anyway and have had great results. It has stopped me from getting sties, my eyeballs are whiter, my eyelids are healthier, dryness/burning is better, there is no gunk around my eyes ever, etc. I love them. I use TheraTears SteriLid, which I LOVE. I tried the baby shampoo thing and I hated it. It really irritated my eyes and dried the skin out really bad. Give the scrubs a try--they can't hurt.

Comment

How exactly do you use the theratears scrub? How do you not get it in your eyes. Thanks

Comment

Keep your eyes closed!

I use SteriLid, but I've used OcuSoft and Cetaphil in the past. I always keep my eyes tightly closed while doing the lid scrub. I try to get the cleanser to cover as much of the lash line as possible and rinse thoroughly. You really do not want to get this stuff in your eyes.

Teri

Comment

thanks Teri.

Comment

Working...
              X