Epsom Salts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epsom Salts

Would flushing out eyes with epsom salts (magnesium sulfate) cause any potential damage? There's no warnings on the box and epsom salts can be used internally.

Brighteyes, I googles this and quickly read through some of the material. I would not put this in my eyes. I saw nothing where it referred to being used in the eyes. It is apparently used as a laxative and mentioned rectal bleeding as a complication with that use.

More importantly, why would you WANT to use it? In many years online, this is the first time I've ever heard that mentioned. Please don't unless your doctor tells you to. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Hey Lucy, I also googled it and the only thing I found either way was one person's testamonial saying they used epsom salt eye flush for conjunctivitis - they seemed to imply it was safe. Anyways, I thought it might be useful for people who's bleph is caused by atopic dermatitis because epsom salts are supposedly helpful for that.

Btw tonight I soaked a towel in epsom salt solution and wrapped it around a rice baggy for my hot compress. My eyes looked great afterwards - better than usual - although it could just be a coincidence. I poured the rest of the solution over my face in the shower and some got in my eye - definitely stung for about a minute but I'm pretty sure it's safe. Don't know if I'll go for a full on eye flush though.

Comment

Working...
      X