mgd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mgd

Hello all I am currently suffering from mgd like many of you. I have a couple questions for anyone that might have answers or advise. I know that there is no "cure" for blepharitis or mgd, but when they say clear it up does that mean no symtoms and your eyes feel normal and back to the way they were before the condition? second what triggers mgd it was very rapid when it developed. I know that warm compresses are the mainstay of treatment and I know lid massage is helpful but what causes the redness on the lids and the waxy feeling in the eyes? Does it ever stop ever? I have been suffering for a year and missed time from work and have changed just about everything in my life due to this so im just looking for a little optimisim since I have lost the feeling that its going to get better. I know many of you know alot about this so any input would be great. Thanks all

Mike

Hi Mike,

I suspect that the triggers for MGD may be as varied as the people who have it. My 'triggers' were LASIK, dry eye and most likely age. Toss in changing seasons (furnace heat, a/c) and environments (e.g. mall-eyes) and the result for me is a condition that I have to actively manage every day.

Does it go away? I'd say it's more like remission. I didn't think I'd ever start to feel better but eventually, with discipline to faithfully do the things that help me, I did.

Plus, I am always on the lookout for something else to try. Comfort measures and new ideas around here are like buses. Wait another 15 minutes and another one will come by .
    Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

thanks for the advise cindy. I thought maybe since I used the computer alot that maybe dry eyes triggered it but I cant get it into remmision and I have been working very hard at it. So that is where my level of frusteration has begun. I do appreciate you giving me some imput. I just cnat understand why at 29 I was hit hard with this and it wont go away. I have seen some improvement but its 10 months since it started. Oh well I guess just keep praying.

Comment

Working...
      X