Lid Scrubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lid Scrubs

I've been thinking about starting lid scrubs, but not sure exactly how to do it. How do others do this and what do you use? I'm a little afraid of using shampoo for obvious reasons. Also looking for some guidance for lid massages after warm compress.

Any links or photos/videos would be helpful. I took a look on this site, but would like to hear thoughts and opinions from others.

I've been doing the warm compress nightly but not doing the lid treatment.

When I get up in the morning, I wash my eyes with the OcuSoft Foam and then go heat the rice baggy. After about 10 of warmth, I start the lid massage routine. I use a cheap Q-tip, and pull most of the fuzz ball off of one end. I dip it in plain water and squeeze out the excess. Then I push/stroke it along the lash margins (pull the outside of the eyelid out to the side so there's some tension on the lids).

I use a movement that women are familiar with---it's just like putting eyeliner on with a pencil. Sorry I don't have any pictures. After this, I wet/squeeze the other end of the Q-tip and run that along the inner lash part of the lid. The lower is easy, but the upper takes practice. Hold the lid up with a finger of the other hand. I just wipe the lids once, briefly.

Then I put in some PF drops from a vial, blot with a moistened tissue (this is to rinse out anything that might have gotten expressed during the massage). Then I put in a drop of FreshKote or Dwelle, blot again. Then I'm done.

Calli

There's an illustration in Dr Latkay's book, the "Dry Eye Remedy" but the method's a bit different from what I do.
    Hopefully, you'll get some more suggestions here. I don't think there's just one way, or a "right way." The point is to put some pressure on the meibomian gland area while the oils are warm and fluid, then to clean off the lid margin afterward, to keep the openings free.

Comment

I have the feeling we all find our own ways, I use a q-tip/cotton bud on the outer-lash line and over the eyelashes. I don't add anything to the water.

I've recently switched to using cold - unpres. saline, and I occassionally use blephasol instead - which is really soothing and I just apply with a cotton pad.
      just keep swimming...

Comment

I need to speed up my process as it takes me to long every morning and night.

At the moment I use a hot flannel to warm compress both eyes and the same time for about 15 minutes (too long?). I have a basin of hot water and resoak the flannel every minute or two.

I then use a pre-prepared solution of boiled water and bicarbonate of soda -maybe I could use bottled saline to remove the need to prepare the soluition myself? I use a Q-tip dipped in the solution and run it below the eyelashes (or base of lashes) on lower lids before cleaning the top surface of the eyelid - pulling the lid forwards away from the eye to do this. I also clean the inner edge of the lid .

I repeat the lid cleaning for the upper lids, cleaning above the eyelashes (near the base of the lashes) before lifting the lid slightly and cleaning the bottom of the lid trying not to rub the Q-tip against the eye too much.

I`ve noticed other mention just running the q-tip along the eyelash lines. Do you not also run along the top of the lids(for lower lids) and bottom of the lids (for upper lids) also? As this is where the little bumps appear sometimes after the compresses I make sure I remove anything that appears

Darren

Comment

Working...
        X