Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When styes don't go away?

Hi,

Right now I have 4 styes on my upper right eye lid. (They look white/transparant and are close to where the eyelid meets the cornea.) The rest of the eye lid looks red.

An eye doctor has told me to use warm compresses and to keep the eye lashes clean with baby shampoo. But none of this help. I use warm compresses at least twice a day, and clean the eye lashes at least twice a day. The problem is that when they are just about to disappear new ones start to appear. They are either at another location or on the other eye.

Usually I see the new ones when I wake up in the morning. These styes can be irritating becuase they rub against the cornea. Although warm compresses does help with this.

Is it possible to be totally stye free? What else can I do?

Thanks,
    DesertCry

I never had a sty in my life until about a year ago. All of a sudden I had one right after the other. I mentioned it to my optometrist, he had no suggestions. Just when I was about to see an ophthalmologist, they disappeared and have not returned. If they don't go away on their own in a few days to a week, an ophthalmologist can lance them for you. If you have not seen an ophthalmologist, you might want to do so. Sometimes a course of oral antibiotics can be prescribed to help abate the sties.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Working...
    X