Styes and dry eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Styes and dry eye

So I got my first ever stye in my good non Lasik eye this week. I saw a regular Dr. as my eye Dr. couldn't take me, and I was glad to hear that it was nothing serious, despite the pain!! Bein Irish I used the folk remedy of a grated potato and it seemed to d othe trick, though I was not happy to feel my Lasik eye start to burn in sympathy.

Why question though is about the connection between dry eye and styes. I have ocular rosacea and MGD in both eyes but only have eye issues in my Lasik eye. Would warm compresses, massages and scrubs prevent a new stye returning? Growing up I always remember there were a couple of kids on the street who got them the whole time, is this likely to be the case or can proper lid hygene prevent them returning.

Thanks for your thouhts.

Bernadette

The connection is with the ocular rosacea. Sties are frequent in people with Ocular Rosacea. The fix as you eluded to is lid hygiene, and for many, oral doxycycline.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Thanks Kitty,

Its true, you learn something new every day!!

Bernadette

Comment

Working...
      X