morning cleaning regime question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• morning cleaning regime question

Pretty much as soon as I wake up, I go and use the hot compress, carry out the lid scrub, followed by cold water and drops etc etc. I do this as soon as I wake up for 2 reasons, when I'm at work, the time factor, and also the comfort factor as it makes me feel better, but was wondering whether there was any benefit to waiting until I've "woken up" a bit more. Just sometimes, as I'm doing it, I get quite bit of film over my eyes, and thought perhaps I should wait a while ? ? ?

I do the same as you most mornings - for comfort mainly as my eyes feel a bit sticky in the mornings.

I think the "film" you're referring to is the meibomian fluid which has been melted and released by the heat of your compresses, and is it coats the eyeball the oil will make things look kind of misty.

As I understand it, this is a good sign - at least it feels like it to me - and it goes away in a matter of minutes anyway, doesn't it?

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes, it does go away, and what you say makes sense. Same as you,my eyes are very sticky upon waking up, so although a bit time consuming, is worth it as my eyes feel so much better. If, as you say, it's the oil, , it can only be good I guess. I also read to put the drops in the fridge, and put them in chilled, and have to say that is always a real pleasure. Amazing what pleases you with this condition!!

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X