sterilid question.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sterilid question.........

Ok..I have lost LOTS of lashes and have these crappy yellow flakes (doc said bleph but thinks it's seborrheic...not bacterial since he tried azasite and other stuff and NO effect) on my upper lids. I have tried ocusoft plus but feel like it's not doing much really. I saw Sterilid in CVS this morning. I'm curious about trying it. Did the sterilid work a LOT better than ocusoft? is it drying? Did it stop the progression of the bleph/eyelash loss? I did find out I have a grass allergy (trees too), but I don't sneeze or anything when they are cutting grass/pollen outside. I know that Sterilid has tea tree oil in it too. Does grass/tree allergy mean that I can't use this?? Someone help!

Marc.

Marc -

I have used Theralid scrub but found that it irritated my eyes.

I do not have seb derm on my lashes so cannot comment on that. You should look under the bleph archives here to see how folks have dealt with it. I have heard of people using dandruff shampoo/tea tree oil on their eyelids (like a lid scrub but instead of baby shampoo, use dandruff shampoo) for this problem, but I have never done it.

I don't think that tea tree oil is the same thing as tree pollen. You may want to try a test patch though. Also, have you gotten shots for your tree pollen allergy? Allergies can manifest themselves on our skin and eyes and cause problems, especially those of us with compromised tear film. You may also want to talk to your eye doctor about Pataday as a prophylactic solution until the shots kick in.

Good luck.
    Gretchen

Comment

sterilid

Hey Gretchen,

Thanks for the reply. I have had the shots like 3 yrs ago...I had to stop after like 3 months b/c my hair started to fall out like mad and the shots made me feel extremely fatigued. After a month, it all went back to normal. I tried ocusoft for the bleph, but I noticed that some of the gunk was still there on my lids (even after I washed them with very warm water for a few minutes). Dandruff shampoo (Nizoral) was BAD...dried out my eyes and dust and stuff flew to my lashes/eyes. I only hope that sterilid can bring the lid inflammation down,clean the mess, and halt the lash loss cuz I am ever so close to having like 10 lashes per eye!

Comment

Lid scrubs "may" be the holy grail of blepharitis treatment. Sterilid is better than ocusoft imo but do them before compresses not after!
        Which is it? Is it what you know or who you know? Or is it how well you convey what you know to who you know it to?

-Tim

Comment

sterilid/compresses

hey there,

I tried sterilid and was scared. I didn't really lose lashes with it to my SHOCK. I lost more with ocusoft PLUS for some reason. One thing i did notice was the sterilid left it nice and moisturized/eyelashes conditioned. Ocusoft left them dry and eyelashes kinda stiff. Think I'll stick with this newbie. It does have a wierd smell tho. I have a conflicting issue with these infamous "hot compresses". Different docs told me different things.
          One said Hot compresses + sterilid/ocusoft/shampoo...other said rinse with cool water and scrub with cleanser of choice...other said HOT compresses was "garbage" cuz it induces inflammation causing more lash loss and if you add the cleaning part to the routine you dry the eye area up and dryness --> irritation--> lash loss. All interesting points. So who is right???

Marc

Comment

sterilid and blepharitis

I learned of sterilid during on-line research for my blepharitis. I had used ocusoft, baby shampoo/H2o mixture, hot compress, tea tree oil/macadamia nut oil treatment, blah, blah, blah. I've even used listerine following eyelid scrubs (burned for a several long minutes but worked great). I started using sterilid yesterday and nothing has soothed my inflamation/irritation better than sterilid. No stinging, burning or irritation. Amazing product. I use it and nothing else (no ointments/drops). I can go almost all day with complete comfort. Can't believe my eye doctor never told me about this product.

For those of you suffering from blepharitis you need to check out Lipiflow treatment which provides relief from 9 to 15 months. That's right...9to 15 months. Unfortunately, FDA approval is currently pending.

Comment

Originally posted by ms11369 View Post
              Ok..I have lost LOTS of lashes and have these crappy yellow flakes (doc said bleph but thinks it's seborrheic...not bacterial since he tried azasite and other stuff and NO effect) on my upper lids. I have tried ocusoft plus but feel like it's not doing much really. I saw Sterilid in CVS this morning. I'm curious about trying it. Did the sterilid work a LOT better than ocusoft? is it drying? Did it stop the progression of the bleph/eyelash loss? I did find out I have a grass allergy (trees too), but I don't sneeze or anything when they are cutting grass/pollen outside. I know that Sterilid has tea tree oil in it too. Does grass/tree allergy mean that I can't use this?? Someone help!

Marc.
              Hi.
              I know this post is several years old but I hope to get an answer because I'm depressed. How are your lashes now? have they stopped falling please? THANKS

Comment

Working...
              X