Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lid scrub? How?

Hi!

I was thinking on bying OCuSOFT Lid Scrub PLUS Foaming Eyelid Cleanser, but I dont know how this work..

1. Apply the eyelid creanser ALL AROUND the eyes??

2. Use a q-tip to take away waste from the lids?

3. Warm compress for 8 min?

4. Extract oil from the glands?

5. Doing this 2 times a day??
    The cure: be open minded

Hi R&S -

I don't use the foaming cleanser but the pads. For everyone, this is trial and error and you will need to find out what works for you.

My eyelid scrub is really simple - I clean my eyes (lash line and eyelids without rubbing on the eyelid margin itself) with the pad. I do this for about 2 minutes per eye. Then I rinse with warm water. That is it. I am not doing many warm compresses or qtip extractions these days so I leave this part out. There are some that do warm compresses before the scrub, others that do it after. No matter what the order though, the qtip extraction should be done after the warm compress when the oils in the gland are warm and softened.

For everyone this is all trial and error. I would start with doing the scrub according to the manufacturer's instructions, rinse, then a warm compress with the qtip extraction and see where that takes you.

Just be aware however, that most people find certain of the lid scrubs irritating so don't despair if you get irritated with this brand (although I think that Ocusoft is by far the most tolerated brand). It means that you just may need to try some others.

I wish you luck.
    Gretchen

Comment

Working...
    X