Ouch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch!

Just wanted to say THANK you for the sweep advice! After a MONTH of eye pain and a VERY stinky eye (to which the docs said they couldn't see anything and just said "inflammation") I took it upon myself to sweep the inner lid with a swab. I took out (No joke) 2 HUGE lashes intertwined and almost discolored brown wrapped in mucus (GROSS)...it smelled very bad. As soon as i did it the pain was GONE. After I looked in the mirror the swelling was gone and my eye was restored the the normal size after weeks of feeling like CRAP. That was my right eye. I kinda feel the same in my left eye but not as much as the right. I sweeped but I think I may have irritated it? I ran out of systane and just tried tap water with the swab and sweeped pretty aggresively. No luck. I went to bed, but the next morning THAT eye (the left one) had sooooooo much hard crust on the upper lid. I was quite shocked (other eye is fine). Can accidentally scraping the inner lid make the eye crust heavily like that??? It came close to being crusted shut!

I've had this happen when I don't use something like systane on the swab. It seems to make the swab glide over the inner eyelid without scraping. Also, it kind of traps the little fibers that can come off the cotton swab. I have gotten those in my eyes and they are extremely irritating.

Comment

yuck

yeah, the crustiness SUCKS...and should have never used tap water. that was a boneheaded move. Gotta more systane and sweep away!

Comment

I would use saliva before tap water. I try to never get tap water in my eyes, and keep my eyes shut when under the shower.

Comment

Working...
        X