Cold/Warm Compress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold/Warm Compress

Which one should I use? If both, which first? How far apart? How often?

I have severe dry eyes, with constant watering and constant slimy mucus production in my eyes. My eyes are always red, swollen, sore/painful, and red inside and on the skin around my eyes, due to the fact I am always having to use a Kleenex to wipe my eyes and wiping out the mucus from my eyes 4-5 times an hour.

So, I don't know which compress would benefit me more... or if both would. If both would, which would I use first, and how long in between should I wait before using the other one?

Thanks

Angie

Getting a good diagnosis is key to figuring out what kind of compress will be most helpful. Some people use both kinds.

I think a few general pointers would be...

HEAT - this is used mostly for clearing chronically clogged meibomian glands from MGD/blepharitis. It's important not to use too much heat (too hot) or too frequently so as not to cause or increase inflammation.

COLD - this is used to reduce inflammation, often in the case of ocular allergies, and also many people use it to reduce pain.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks. I will just stick with the cold for now because I have a lot of inflammation and pain.

I definitely have a few questions I will post in my other thread in a few, to better help me get a DX from my eye dr.

Angie

Comment

Working...
      X