Lid scrub and warm eye compress order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lid scrub and warm eye compress order

I have stepped up my lid cleaning regime and was wondering if I should do lid cleaning first and then warm compress or vice versa. I have noticed a little bit of difference in the morning with less crusty (which I never had much) but my eye hasn't been tearing AS MUCH.

I use Sterilid foam in the morning, and Occusoft pads at night.

37 views and no reply???

help -- I need somebody!

Comment

catlover,

I was also wondering if the order of the treatments did matter much. I personally do the OcuSoft pads first and then the warm compresses and expression of oils. It was never suggested that I follow this order nor have I ever read anything on the forum. My simple rationale is that the OcuSoft pads work to cleanse the lids and once the caked oil and debris is removed, then it would make sense to open up the folicles and loosen that all up via the compresses and expression.

I would be curious to hear if others find that it makes much of a difference for their particular situation.

MylittleM

Comment

Depends on the individual. I think that theoretically what makes most sense is to do heat first so that you're softening up clogged stuff in the glands before doing the lid massage to hopefully push some of it out. So if you're doing cleansing/massage together, I think after heat makes sense but I wouldn't worry about it either way. Doing them at all is good.

Dr. Latkany has a good write-up about this stuff in his book, with a nice detailed method.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
        X