Warm Compresses - Moist vs. Dry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warm Compresses - Moist vs. Dry?

I am curious if those of you with blepharitis and clogged glands have had particular success with the warm compresses and if so, I am most interested in the type you are using. My confusion relates to the warmness of the compress and the question of moist versus dry. I find that the moist rag routine never really seems to get warm enough. I personally use a heating pad but see that some people are using the rice bags. My doctor's office seems to be giving me mixed signals on this matter and I would love to hear from you all out there.

I use steaming which is moist heat of course and much more penetrating than dry

Comment

What exactly do you do when you steam? Maybe I don't quite understand the different between the warm compress and steaming.

Thanks,

Comment

First i should point out to you that steaming the eyes is fairly unconventional
        I dont think any ophthalmologists suggest this as a method of heating the lids Having said that no doctors have ever objected to my doing this either ,so it certainly does'nt harm your eyes

Method - Its just like you would do for steam inhalations A jug /bowl of boiling water and place a towel over your head keeping your face about a foot from the jug at first(you can lower it as it cools down )Start with your eyes closed then open slightly to allow steam on the lid margins.I do this for about 5 mins then massage and squeze the lids. towards the end i would have my eyes wide open -- It is very soothing It usually makes my lids itchy which is relieved by massage and squeezing
        Afterwards my eyes and lids feel much better
        I do this once in 24 hours -- before bed

Comment

Originally posted by mylittlem View Post
          I am curious if those of you with blepharitis and clogged glands have had particular success with the warm compresses and if so, I am most interested in the type you are using. My confusion relates to the warmness of the compress and the question of moist versus dry. I find that the moist rag routine never really seems to get warm enough. I personally use a heating pad but see that some people are using the rice bags. My doctor's office seems to be giving me mixed signals on this matter and I would love to hear from you all out there.
          I just use a warm washcloth for heat. I have to say that since I've been doing this alot, I have alot of eyelid spasms/twitches, and I don't necessarily know for sure it is related to the heat compresses, but I don't have the twitching on days I don't do warm compress.

Comment

Originally posted by catlover View Post
            I just use a warm washcloth for heat. I have to say that since I've been doing this alot, I have alot of eyelid spasms/twitches, and I don't necessarily know for sure it is related to the heat compresses, but I don't have the twitching on days I don't do warm compress.
            Hi,

I also used a warm washcloth and put it over each eye for a few minutes as per my eye doctor"s instructions and have found it to be especially helpful when I have experienced pain in my eyes

Pam

Comment

Working...
            X