Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using warm washer as a compress for blepharitus

Hello

Ive been using a washer and tub of hot water as my warm compress method. I kinda like it as opposed to a rice baggy coz its 'wet heat'.

ANYWAY I dont kno if Im just paranoid or what, but do you think having a very warm washer over your eyes for 2x 10 mins daily would dry out the skin around your eyes? I think Im noticing the skin around (and particularly under my eyes and to the outside edge of my eyes) of my eyes looking dry/wrinkly.

have you guys had similar experiences?

look forward to hearing what you have to say!

I think doing the lid hygiene, warm compresses, lid massages or wathever we are doing in order to unclogg the glands and express the oil stuffed in our lids can't be good for the skin around: we're putting warm/hot water/compress on it, rubbing the skin and the lids. I've noticed wrinkles, dryness and redness on my skin around the eyes since I'm doing it everyday.
    I don't think such a treatment for our poor face's skin is really kind, and it certainly doesn't help preserving it... But anyway, we don't really have the choice, so I'll keep on with this method until there's something better "out of the pipeline".
    Hey, nobody said life would be easy right? Please mum, next time you give birth to me, spend more time on the conception of my eyes, okay?

Comment

I looked on the archive today oddly enough. My novartis hypo allergenic lid scrubs made in canada worked amazingly well. Until yesterday I was noticing, the rubbing (even gently) is drying out my lashes badly and making my eyes dry. I looked up lid scrub dryness and archived post with a doctor came up suggesting his pateints were complaining of irritated and dry eyes from constant scrubbing. The archive post was from this website from 2008. He told his patients just to use some warm compress with a light scrub.

In the morning now I dont do a scrub just a shorter compress, and maybe some light rubbing. But very minor. I dont want my eyes drying out more to begin my day and irritating and drying out my lashes which simply seemed to make my eyes feel dry as well.

At night before bed I scrub really good. I notice in morning my eyes have felt great, and only needed a light warm compress and such. I did note you can easily over do it, and dry out your eyes quickly, the other day my eyes were extremely dry, maybe the worst in sometime and i narrowed it down to whenever i did the lid scrub. They made my eyes feel great and lashes clean, but the lashes extremely dry and irritated and then continued to make my eyes feel dry as well.

Be careful with the warm compress to, i personally dont use it to long i think dr. lakey suggests 30 seconds, they can dry your eyes out as well, there is another thread already debating how good or bad the warm compress is since it does dry out and irritate your eyes. But everyone is different.

I decided less is more with my eyes. 1 Good scrub at night keeps them clean, while not irritating or drying out my lashes and eyes, and a short warm compress in the morning to loosen gland build up while not being on my eyes long enough to dry them out or irritate them.

Comment

Working...
      X