Freezing cold icepacks work best????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezing cold icepacks work best????

Hey guys I’ve been using a cold freezing icepack to place on both the out edges of my eyes. I just close my eyes and place one at a time on the corner of the eye for about 2-5minutes, this clears up both the redness of my eyelids and the whites of my eyes. But it only cures this for a very, very short time like 1hour or so.

Why does this even work at all?

I’m currently using thera-life on last bottle with no success at all - probably another scam?

Also been using honey Manuka as well – this helps a little bit.

But the Icepack seems to work best.

I no longer use any eye drops as to be honest I know they don’t work and are a waste of money even preservative free ones like systane - Even if they do work for short term I want long term.

Cold Pack works for me too

Hi there. Like you, I have found that applying cold compresses works the best for reducing the redness. From what I was told, the cold packs help reduce the swelling or inflammation, thus helping the redness.

I have stopped all drops too. Even the preservative free drops seemed to make my redness worse.

I was taking fish oil pills, but ended up switching to flavored flax seed oil. I take a tablespoon every morning. I had an appointment yesterday with my doctor and she said the oil secretions look good, so I think it is helping.

I wish the redness relief from the cold packs lasted longer, but at least it is something that provides relief. I have allergies and I have found that the cold packs really help when I come inside from being outdoors with the wind and allergens.

Comment

Gabbo-I had Lasik 10 years ago which started my dry burning eyes. I was a college secretary at the time. I worked for 5 years like that, but had a medically necessary operation on one eye and that surgery made my vision bad, so I left work on disability.

All those years, the icepack is the only thing that kept me going. It was the only thing to take all the pain away. It only works while I had the pad over my eyes, but it was enough of a break to let me go another couple of hours. I also had drops, pain meds etc, but the icy gel pack is my favorite by far.
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Icepack

Yeh I don’t think I’m even going to bother with anything for now on, even with the IPL thing that seems to be floating along on this forum.

I might just stick with the Icepack, at least that’s free – I’m tired of wasting so much money on my eyes when I should be saving it to buy houses.

Peace.

Comment

Working...
        X