Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the reply! I am always interested to what he has to say. So he didn't prescribe any drops or anything? What did he say was wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Peppermint View Post
      So frustrating that there are so many opinions on the right way to do this (or not to do it at all by some).
      One of the reasons for the difference in "opinion" is that our conditions are different and, consequently, what is beneficial for one person is not necessarily beneficial for another.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
        Thanks for the reply! I am always interested to what he has to say. So he didn't prescribe any drops or anything? What did he say was wrong?
        He said I had ocular rosacea & asked me a lot of questions regarding allergies. He thinks there is an allergic component involved. He gave me a sample of Lastacaft & a prescription for it.

Comment

I've had success expressing my MG's using small plastic tweezers like the ones shown here: http://www.amazon.com/Contact-Lens-M...ipped+tweezers

They're meant for contact lenses, but they work just as well for gently applying pressure to the lower eyelid. One prong goes inside and the other goes outside of the lid.
          I do a warm compress for ~2 minutes and then squeeze with clean tweezers.

Comment

Hi Hosanna13

How often do you do this?

Comment

I use the same tweezers myself and they are rather helpful, my biggest problem is that they slip and snap if I squeeze too hard. Hosanna13 have you found any particular techinque for doing the upper lid glands?

P

Comment

I don't think I have clogged glands, so I just do it ~3x/week. I think it's also a bit irritating for my lids.
                Gina

Comment

Originally posted by patientpatrick View Post
                  I use the same tweezers myself and they are rather helpful, my biggest problem is that they slip and snap if I squeeze too hard. Hosanna13 have you found any particular techinque for doing the upper lid glands?

P
                  The upper lids are definitely harder than the lowers. I haven't been expressing my uppers.

Comment

Working...
                  X