Eye lid scrub with Q tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye lid scrub with Q tip

Today my doctor told me to scrub my eye lids with a Q tip ONCE a WEEK.
    He did it in the office and said that some oil came off out of the blocked "bumps".
    This is probbably the only thing that I haven't tried yet in my 2 year dry eye battle.
    I asked if I should use tea tree oil (as I heard in some posts here) or baby shampoo. He said not necessary, just Q tip alone or I can damp it with warm water . To do compresses afterwards and massages.

Does this sound like th ecorect way to do it? Does it help?
    What brand of Q tip is better?
    I was wanting to give a shot to the tea tree oil treatment but I guess is not for now....

Also I'll do another round of Doxy drops.
    Anh.. I also saw in my dx chart "Rosacea" I haven't seen this before, it was always: blepharitis, Insuficient tear film, etc.
    Last edited by Maria1972; 13-Nov-2006, 18:17. Reason: Forgot to add
    Dr eyes caused by long term contact lens wear

q tip scrub/massage

what is this? how do i do it w/qtip? please explain to me. i need to increase oil glands to help w/ dry eye.

Comment

This topic has been discussed numerous times in the past. Its quite popular because of Dr Latkany. I recommend doing a search to find good info.

As for your specific questions:

Dr Latkanys book has you doing the Qtip after the compress/eyelid massage, thats what i do.

I dont think it matters a whole lot. I got walmart brand last time and hated them because the tips weren't very "tight". They would pull apart and fluff up really easily. So I would recommend a real brand. Also I like ones with white "sticks". I had some with blue sticks and they weren't near as sturdy.

Hope that helps some

Daren

Comment

Working...
      X