Warm Compresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warm Compresses

Does any one find that after doing warm compesses they wake up the next morning with a headache or there eyes being a bit dry?

Its just my experience...i do put in my eye drops Refresh Liquigel after completing it and am wondering what i am doing wrong

Usually leave my rice baggy on for about 3 to 10 mins.

Hi,

It could be that you are massaging your eyelids too much and emptying the glands completely.......thus for some period of time afterwards you've no oils until it builds up.

Ian.

Comment

IanJ

Ian,
      Have you read your private messages? I've sent you one about someone compiling info about dry eye and who would like to get in touch.
      Thanks
      Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

Originally posted by starbrightboy
        Does any one find that after doing warm compesses they wake up the next morning with a headache or there eyes being a bit dry?

Its just my experience...i do put in my eye drops Refresh Liquigel after completing it and am wondering what i am doing wrong

Usually leave my rice baggy on for about 3 to 10 mins.
        Just curious: Have you definitely connected it to the compress? I mean, if you don't do a compress but do put refresh liquigel in, do you feel better the next morning? - Guess my first thought was, could be overnight dryness unrelated to the compress. Maybe varying the lubricant and/or covering your eyes at night could help?
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

preservatives can harm

i think hot compresses can not harm u,it is just a heat from outside that helps release ur oils but i WOULD BE DEFINITELY CONCERNED about what u r putting in ur eye.i have used Refresh liquid gel in a bottle myself and got worse after 3months,
          if u feel worse stop doing what u r doing,ur eyes r giving u a SIGNAL,that u r harming them.are u using gel in bottle or in vials?

Comment

For StarBrightBoy

I have found that I cannot use WET compresses anymore. I found that they irritated my tear glands from water getting into them. I have had to switch to re-usable gel filled hand warmers. They have a little metal disc inside that you snap to activate. They need to be boiled to be reused (like thermoeyes) I wrap them in a thin flannel before putting on eyes. I still have very dry eyes but don't have to added irritation in the tear ducts. The kind I use are made by a company called Hotsnapz. I would not however recommend ordering from them unless you absolutely have to as they are tardy with sending their products. Maybe you could find someone else who makes the same thing. Anyway, their website is www. hotsnapz.com just incase you wanted to get a look at the product.
            Good luck

Comment

Try drinking more water. You may be dehydrated. I sometimes get headaches from lack of water. Dry eyes, compresses, etc. use a lot of water. My best to you.

fernellen

Comment

Working...
              X