hot compress problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hot compress problems.

I don't know why but when I put hot compresses on my eyes. My eyes get very irritated and I don't think the hot compress I put on is to hot. It feels like its not burning my eyes when I'm using the hot compress. But later on my eyelids will hurt and burn like nuts.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Are you sure the compress isn't too hot? I know you said you think it isn't but if I were you, I'd go for warm instead of hot. I had trouble with my compresses being too hot when I first started the treatment for meibomitis. It felt the same way you are describing.

Comment

I think maybe its too hot of a compress but I can't tell I guess because my eye gets use to the heat and I can't tell if its to hot or not.

Also I have some inflammation from my oil glands being secreted so maybe it could be my eye rejecting the heat?

Or maybe some people can't take hot compresses. Would warm compresses be effective enough? I feel like it won't liquefy the oil glands if the cloth is not hot enough ya know.

Comment

It should not be hot, it should be warm, or else there is risk of both inflammation and even outright damage.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Oh so when they say hot compresses they don't mean like HOT, they mean warm?

Thanks guys for helping me by the way

Comment

I wonder if you have allergies -??
            Before I had DE - ( I' ve had DE for a year due to MGD) I had allergic eyes 20 years ago - and then, I could'nt stand heat - cold compresses was all I wanted mostly because it relieved the itch and redness
            The situation lasted a year and disappeared mysteriously after i went on vacation to France (wish this one would disapear mysteriously)
            Anyway i decided that heat is good for MGD, and cold good for allergies
            It,s just a thought
            You may have both DE and allergies

Comment

Oh i know i have allergies. But they said i dont have any sign of it really in my eyes. I dont get that b word stuff whatever its call ether. I just have mgd and it sucks hahaha.

Comment

Is it okay if I used warm compresses follow by cold compresses or would that effect the melting stage of the oil glands?

Comment

Working...
                X