Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rice baggy feedback?

Hi all,

I've had so much positive feedback on the rice baggy since launching it earlier this year... it's really encouraging. Thanks! .

I'm working on some enhancements so, if you have a wishlist, please let me know!

Currently in the works...

- alternative slipcover fabrics (still sticking with dye-free organic fabrics though)
    - pediatric size (some adults also prefer a smaller size)
    - option for a lighter fill (some people like more rice, some less)

Thanks in advance!
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Perhaps having extra covers to wash while still using your baggie. I like this darn thing and think it's almost perfect. Wait to see what others say. For me, I say don't mess with a good thing. (I don't know if you have extra covers for sale or not).
    Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Me too

I'm with Lucy. I like it just as it is, but the extra covers would be nice.

Billye

Comment

Extra covers are available. Some people buy several so that they can wash them all together.

I'm not going to change anything about what we already have, by the way, except that I'm hoping to scale up and get the price down soon. I need a child-size one in addition, though, and I came across some more lovely organic cottons that I thought would be fun to experiment with for extra covers.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

It is the best thing I have found for warm compresses!

Comment

The rice baggy is great for me. I'll be interested to see what you do with it next, and I'll be happy to experiment with an upgrade. :-)

Comment

I don't know what I would do without my rice baggy, seriously. The warm washclothes never did it for me. I'm thinking of ordering another cover, so I may wait a bit and see if there are different designs to choose from. Out of curiosity, Rebecca, how long do you think the rice baggy is effective if one uses it once daily????

Comment

Rice Bag

This is the best...I love my rice bag just the way it is

Comment

I got get me one these, I order a heating pad from dry eye zone but not the rice baggy. Hmmm

Comment

Judy... I have a rice baggy in my cupboard that I've been keeping for posterity - first one I ever used, and it's been, oh, five years at least? (Disgusting I know...) I don't use any moisture with my rice, so it never sprouts, never cooks, just gets old and a little musty....

Well, I got the new slipcovers and tried them out. Two of them are real winners and I'm having them made up now in quantity - should be in stock by the end of next week. (They're available for pre-order now at this link.)

They are still all 100% organic cotton knits in creamy natural color - the only difference is the type of fabric. You can read more details about them in the shop but here's the basics:

Original = what we've been using all this time. It's a dense cotton knit, soft but not too stretchy (kind of like sweatshirt material).

Natural Velour = lovely soft velour, slightly thinner than the original. I think this one is going to be very nice for people with extra sensitive skin both because of the softness and the heat will penetrate a little faster so if you heat the baggy a shorter time you'll still get the effects quickly.

Sherpa (!!) = your teddy bear would be proud!!! When I got the swatch, I honestly didn't think this idea would work, but when I had the slipcovers made and put the baggy in it I just loved it. Used it last night.
                    Rebecca Petris
                    The Dry Eye Foundation
                    dryeyefoundation.org
                    800-484-0244

Comment

Here's my question...

When I make homemade rice baggies with panty hose, the rice breaks down eventually. Does this happen with the famous Rebecca Dry Eye Zone golden rice baggie?!
                      Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Well, I didn't bother coming up with expiration dates since I'm not selling them as food, but I suppose it must eventually!

Out of curiosity, I just opened up the one I've been using for... the last six months. Looks fine to me. Kinda busted up a little from so much handling.
                        Rebecca Petris
                        The Dry Eye Foundation
                        dryeyefoundation.org
                        800-484-0244

Comment

Hey, Diana, I know you can afford one of the rice baggies. Just do it! Much better than home-made pantyhose stuff.
                          Lucy

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Uh, okay, Lucy. Well we've let the cat out of the bag now haven't we. Lucy is my mother-in-law!
                            Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

I know MY son provides much better than you let on. Stop the public el-cheapo act.

(No I am not Diana's MIL. Her husband is a nice young man and wouldn't be hard to call "son" though.)

Lucy

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
                              X