Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just cannot handle warm or hot compresses no matter what.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just cannot handle warm or hot compresses no matter what.

I try to use warm compress over hot and it still bothers my eyes and makes them feel irritated. Why is this happening to me?

I just don't understand why my eye totally rejects warm or hot compresses and I know my warm compresses are definitely warm and I'm not over doing it.

Only thing I can think of the reason why my eyes are rejecting the warm compresses is because of my inflammation. I mean gez and I only put the compress on once a day.

Can anyone help me to understand why this is happening?

well that happened to me too when i was doing compresses.....if you put me in a very heated place they get more inflammation. but if i'm in cold air conditioned place they relax. don't know

Comment

But what do you do if you have MGD, Just take restasis til the inflammation goes down and then do warm compresses?

This sucks haha, you have MGD on top of not being able to handle anything with heat on your eyelids.

Comment

That happens to me too. Thermoeyes works fine for me, but anything else turns my eyes bright red. Cold compresses work great for me. There was another thread on here where someone put a cold compress on after the warm compress (maybe to reduce inflammation). Maybe something to try.

Comment

what does Thermoeyes do?

Comment

Here is a link to the Thermoeyes products.

http://www.dreamessentials.com/a_mas...hermoeyes.aspx

I think may the moisture/heat combination works better than the straight up hot compresses.

Comment

Nice that is what I'm looking for because i heard moisture is the key. I just wish my eyelids could handle the heat. For some reason after the 3rd compress it starts to get irritated regardless of how warm compress is.

Comment

I just got the Eye Spa Pad. Used it for a couple of days no problem. Then on Sunday night I used it and I think it was too hot and it made my right eye extremely red. I switched to a cold compress and it's soothing. My eye is still very red maybe a little bit better. Should this subside in a couple of days?

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                X