Applying heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying heat

When I use a warm compress on my eyes at night, my right eye (which is much worse dry-eyes wise) ends up blurry and foggy. Is this really normal? It's disturbs me to the extent that I really don't like to do the treatment. Can it really just be the MGD goop dumping into my eye?

I do my heat in the shower in the AM with a washcloth with the hot water running through and yes, my eyes are always blurry after. On the Ask Dr. Latkany thread where I asked a question, he said the blurry means it is working. Mine also really burn a bit too. I often flush with Refresh that I keep in a container right outside my shower.

Comment

Someone once told me that the blurriness was the oils spilling into the eye after being loosened by the heat. Not sure how true this is, but it's the moment of the day when my eyes feel their absolute best.

D
      Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I'll keep it up I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by Mastiff View Post
          When I use a warm compress on my eyes at night, my right eye (which is much worse dry-eyes wise) ends up blurry and foggy. Is this really normal? It's disturbs me to the extent that I really don't like to do the treatment. Can it really just be the MGD goop dumping into my eye?
          If you have MGD, then it is normal and GOOD that you are getting bluriness after the warm compress. It does mean that you have heated the memoibian gland oil to the point where it liquifies and spills out into the eyes. That is the point of the warm compress, to get that inflammatory oil out of the glands. Keep it up, as Dr. Latkany said on one of his posts, the imflammed oil "can't get out on its own". Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X