No announcement yet.

Noob question - what's a warm compress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob question - what's a warm compress?

Lol, this sounds really stupid, but I want to improve my dry eye routine and have seen this mentioned quite a lot. What exactly is the warm compress procedure - is it just like a hot flannel or something placed over the eyes?

Thanks for any help.

Also, sorry, one more question - what's the eyelid scrub?

Really appreciated.

Comment

Ahem

Arcaeon,
      There is a good website describing these. Here it is:

http://www.dryeyezone.com/encyclopedia/treatment.html
      Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

Great link

Thanks for posting the link. It has some great info on eyelid scrubbing and warm compresses.

Comment

I have found the wet heat to work the best before my scrub (eye spa technique). I get in the shower and wash my hair and put on my conditioner. By this time the steam has softened up my eyes. Then I fold a wash cloth over my eyes, turn up the hot water, and stand with the cloth with water flowing through it for 3 minutes. Right away I grab the Q-tip and do the technique. Then I immediately use an individual vial of Refresh Plus to rinse all the toxins from my eyes. I can count on instant and fairly lasting relief. I have now done this for several months. I do NOT have blepharitis--doctor cannot see it. But my eyelashes have grown in thick and lush (sign of gland health) and my eyes are doing so much better.

Comment

Sounds good!

Rubyslippers,
            I will try your routine. Sounds like it could really work very well.

Comment

Working...
            X