Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a weekly visit to the sauna help control MGD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a weekly visit to the sauna help control MGD?

I wonder if going to the sauna on a regular basis will help any with this? Maybe I'm just looking for an excuss to go there.

I would like to know that too.

Comment

May be it depends on the cause of dry eye. If it is rosacea, it gets much worse from heat exposure. I would think that people with rosacea should avoid sunbathing, saunas, etc.

Comment

I usually feel great while I'm in the sauna or steam room but usually feel terrible the next day as I tend to spend too much time in there and dry myself out.

Comment

I'm quite sure that this will help. I do my lid hygiene not with hot compresses but with water steam. (I hold my head over a big bowl with cooking water, as you do when you have a cold) And since I do this I think my blepharitis has become much better! It's worth to try!
          Please don't hesitate to correct my English - I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron77 View Post
            I usually feel great while I'm in the sauna or steam room but usually feel terrible the next day as I tend to spend too much time in there and dry myself out.
            Do you still feel bad the next day if you drink a lot of water when you are in there?

Comment

I prefer to go to the steam room (100% humidity, not as hot as regular sauna) but close my eyes in there because if I don't, my eyes are quite red afterwards. I think the prolonged heat should liquify the secretions from the Meibomian glands.

Comment

Susie 28 - at last i have found some one else who finds steaming helps ! I thought i was on my own
                About saunas -- that is just a form of steaming -- it would probably help for the rest of that day but once a week is not enough and it would not target the eyes directly like steaming your face over hot water

I steam over a jug of boiling water every night and then do the massage
                I too find it very soothing

Comment

Originally posted by sanna View Post
                  Do you still feel bad the next day if you drink a lot of water when you are in there?
                  I usually drink a couple litres of water while I'm in there but not a heck of a lot after that, its a similar feeling to a hangover that I get the next day... I had a couple of those since the dry eye thing started and they've been worse then ever, so I try to avoid alcohol these days. Probably just spend too much time in the sauna, but it feels so good while I'm in there.

Comment

Working...
                  X