Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A video on expressing oil

Hey guys

I haven't been on this site in a while as my eyes have been fairly decent but I found this video on the Net that I thought might help some of you, because I always wondered what expressing oil properly looked like and how do to it properly.

http://www.rootatlas.com/wordpress/v...bomian-glands/

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Hope you all are well

Tom

just a little addition does anyone else find that their eyes are not like the ones in the video? that is, I don't have any of those little 'bumps' from which the oil comes out, my eyelids seem to be just clear skin. I never see anything coming out. Does this mean I don't have MGD???

Comment

Mine don't look like that either but i was still told i have blocked oil glands, i do get some relief from warm compresses and lid hygiene though

Comment

Heading back

Glad that u feel better Arcaeon.
        Kim
        If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Comment

Mine don't look like that at all either. And I never see or feel anything coming out. But Dr. L says I have MGD. That said, whenever I do the compressions, it leaves my eyes feeling very sore. I have gotten no benefit at all from it.

Comment

I do not have any of the conditions that call for hot compresses and expressing. I do it anyway because it gives great relief and if I don't do it my eyes are worse within 24 hours. My doctor says he is convinced it is helping me although he cannot give a scientific reason for it. He said it is just good for overall general eye health. After having very sparse eyelashes for years, I now have very full lush eyelashes like I did when I was young. Even without mascara people comment on my thick lashes.

Comment

Originally posted by rubyslippers View Post
              I do not have any of the conditions that call for hot compresses and expressing. I do it anyway because it gives great relief and if I don't do it my eyes are worse within 24 hours. My doctor says he is convinced it is helping me although he cannot give a scientific reason for it. He said it is just good for overall general eye health. After having very sparse eyelashes for years, I now have very full lush eyelashes like I did when I was young. Even without mascara people comment on my thick lashes.
              very interesting because girls take notice to my eyelashes and I am a male. However, I just recently did warm compresses and gland expression with a qtip because i was told by Dr. L that I have MGD due to ocular rosacea.
              Current Diagnosis: MGD due to Ocular Rosacea , TBUT of 5 seconds

Comment

What? Do you just do it to the lower lid? I can't even SEE those little bumps on my lower lid, but last time I went, my eye doctor said I have lid inflammation and crud in my eyelashes. I think this is what he was referring to cause he suggested warm compresses but didn't say anything about "expressing the glands"..............but the docs are so busy these days, it's a wonder you can get them to talk to you at all..........

Comment

No, you do not just do the lower lid. You do both.

Comment

expressing oil

Can someone tell me how to express oil from the upper lid? i would really appreciate some help.
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Arcaeon View Post
                      just a little addition does anyone else find that their eyes are not like the ones in the video? that is, I don't have any of those little 'bumps' from which the oil comes out, my eyelids seem to be just clear skin. I never see anything coming out. Does this mean I don't have MGD???
                      Hi!Just wanted to say same with me about not seeing anything come out(and they say I have mgd),but I do when the doc does it so maybe we are doing it wrong.They say I do have mgd although I do not have all the symptoms I see here.What are you symptoms?Hope this video is helpful and Good Luck to you.

Comment

Working...
                      X