Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheraTears iHeat Mask

Hey all,
    I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but Advanced Vision Research-the makers of TheraTears, are marketing a self-heating eyelid warmer. Thought it looked interesting. You can see it here: http://store.theratears.com/prod-iHeat_Eye_Mask-17.aspx

They are also launching this heating system as part of their new kit (including Doxy and a nutritional supplement). Nice to see heat treatment going commercial - this is a help with opening up that conversation between doctors and patients more frequently. However, in this economy, I don't know how many takers there will be for single-use compresses. The mask itself is cheap but the heat units that you have to buy for it are about a buck apiece.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Isn't this the same thing Tranquileyes does with it's little blue heaters?
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Thanks for posting this! My warm compress routine that Dr. Foulks has me on has changed my life.. I feel so much better!

Rebecca is right though-the heat inserts are $$$ -but this looks like a neat thing to maybe purchase for travel.. Very easy for travel.. I am just glad they are continuing to update products for us
        Jenny

Comment

Working...
        X