Eye-warming goggles that help treat dry eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye-warming goggles that help treat dry eye

Nothing scientifically new but at least it's some innovation (plus it's from Europe!:-))

I like the ways this Doc thinks:

'But using a hot compress is not high-tech and not very convenient. During this time, patients can't see or move about and they have to keep refreshing the towel. I felt in the 21st century there was room for something a bit more user friendly.'

Full article:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...ives-2009.html

Manufacturer:
    www.spectrum-thea.co.uk
    Dysfunctional Tear Syndrome ("Dry Eye Disease") is a bane of modern society.

So Dr Fuller developed eye-warming goggles that can be plugged in and used while watching TV or reading. They use the power of moist warm air to warm up the eyes.

The goggles gently warm the eye to a temperature of 40c - warm enough to increase lubrication, but not so hot that they create steam, so you can still see for the ten minutes you need to wear them.
    Guessing they mean the eyelid as opposed to the eye itself...

Comment

Philipp, I think the gentleman looks rather cute wearing his warming glasses. If this can take some of the pain away and help dry eye, I'd bet lots of people would buy it.

Now, if I could........I would......insert something about the laser surgery that you should stay away from it and you won't likely need the cute warming glasses. Lucy
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
      X