Another rice baggy question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another rice baggy question

I'm using my own made rice baggy at home each night. The washcloth didn't seem to do much.

Let me know if this is normal or not: After I use the heated baggy, the blood vessels in my eyes really get inflamed and my eyes get quite red, more than usual. Is this a common side affect?

Sounds like you may be getting the baggy too hot. Can you nuke it for a shorter period and see what happens?
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

What I have found to be more useful is using a potato, instead of a rice baggy, the rice baggy seems to get too hot, and cools off too quickly to even be effective. put a small potato in a washcloth, wet the potato covered with the washcloth under your sink faucet. now, ring it out, so it is just damp. nuke it in the microwave for about 1 minute. find a spot on the potato that is not too hot, you do not want to burn your eyelids, it only makes things worse. hold it on your upper or lower eyelid for about 5 minutes, then massage your lids.

rhad

Comment

Rebecca,

It doesn't feel hot. It's in the microwave for 25 seconds. I don't feel like it's burning. I was told by one eye dr that might happen, the heat might inflame the allergy in my eye. It's always fine in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by pete0085 View Post
          Rebecca,

It doesn't feel hot. It's in the microwave for 25 seconds. I don't feel like it's burning. I was told by one eye dr that might happen, the heat might inflame the allergy in my eye. It's always fine in the morning.
          Yes 25 seconds should be perfectly safe. Hmmm. To be honest I've never looked in the mirror after doing a rice baggy so for all I know my eyes might be bright red too. I wonder though if changing the material might make a difference. - Or the soap (if you're using a cover of some sort).
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Eye will turn red for a period, depend on the compress time.
            If too hot, eye lid will got burn and inflame.

In traditional people would use a hot boiled egg with a cloth to roll on the injured place. Then eat the egg after hot rolling

Comment

Working...
            X