Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using cold compress instead of heat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using cold compress instead of heat?

I saw Dr.L a few months ago. I was put on Azasite and Pataday for four weeks with good results. I haven't gone back to Restasis because I don't think I really need it. He said my glad output was a 3 with 10 being the worst. I still don't understand why I have severe contact lens intolerance.

I was surprised he told me to use a cold compress rather than heat. Heat has always provided relief. Is anyone else using cold?

cold reduces inflamation and is good for calming allergies - but wont melt waxy Meibum in the glands so i would have thought you need both

Comment

Hi, Icenet.

Yes, I tend to prefer cool compresses to warm ones. At points, warm compresses help me, but usually after feeling good for about 20 minutes after a warm compress, my eyes feel even worse than they did before it. For some reason, a hot shower works much better. When my eyes are burning from dryness, cold always helps me more than warm, however.

--Liz

Comment

So do you use the cold compress under your eye or do you apply it on your eye? And for how long? Sorry I have no clue.

Comment

Working...
        X