lid therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lid therapy

Is there an agreed upon best method of massaging the glands? I've read a lot but I've not as of yet found anybody who's either done a study or has any other strong argument in favor of any particular way.

If there isn't any, I'd welcome your personal experiences and/or links to sites with suggestions.

I think you will find it is very individual,----
    My preferred method of heating is steaming ,and i would massage the lids ,but also go along each eye lid and press between my finger and thumb- with well washed hands and short nails i need to add
    I dont think it matters that much - so long as you regularly use heat and massage
    I should say that my method is unusual but works for me
    You need to experiment

Comment

Originally posted by stella View Post
      I think you will find it is very individual,----
      My preferred method of heating is steaming ,and i would massage the lids ,but also go along each eye lid and press between my finger and thumb- with well washed hands and short nails i need to add
      I dont think it matters that much - so long as you regularly use heat and massage
      I should say that my method is unusual but works for me
      You need to experiment
      I suggest reading Dr. Latkany's book, the Dry Eye Remedy. It contains explicit instructions. You can also google his name and visit his website for more info.
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

And how about the sequence of the parts of lid therapy? I've seen different versions.

Also, is it really safe for the hot compress to be as hot as you can stand? Is there any chance of doing damage to the eye?

EDIT: found the answer to my question

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18677234

I'll post it in the tips section.
        Last edited by Fred2; 07-Mar-2009, 02:19.

Comment

Working...
        X