This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ipl toyos

just got back for fourth treatment, very pleased with results.....dr. toyos took my plugs out, said tear film looked very good....eyes feel very comfy...said the reason i got this was because of rosacea ....never wouldve guessed...anyway i go back one more time and might do another treatment to be determined on that date.....any questions feel free to email

tomrobf@gmail.com

ipl

just an update, had 4 ipl treatments and eyes feel very comfy, ......best in years!!!

any questions tomrobf@gmail.com

Comment

I too had great success with IPL

Hi All -

I just wanted to post a link to my experience with IPL in this thread as well.

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=10363

I had such dramatic improvement with the IPL that I really consider myself cured of ocular rosacea. And if you read some of my past posts, you will know that I am very realistic about this condition and so do not use the *cure* word lightly. IPL and Dr Toyos have changed my life.

Good luck to you all.
      Gretchen

Comment

what are the criteria for someone to get this procedure

My oil glands are open now...but the eyes hurt all the time...the redness is a bear...I have rosacea and sjorgrens...would that be enough? or must I have blocked glands too?

Originally posted by beatles116 View Post
        just got back for fourth treatment, very pleased with results.....dr. toyos took my plugs out, said tear film looked very good....eyes feel very comfy...said the reason i got this was because of rosacea ....never wouldve guessed...anyway i go back one more time and might do another treatment to be determined on that date.....any questions feel free to email

tomrobf@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gretchen View Post
          Hi All -

I just wanted to post a link to my experience with IPL in this thread as well.

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=10363

Good luck to you all.
          Gretchen
          That is great news Gretchen

During your treatment, your comments on any `progress' were always well considered.

Comment

cost per IPL treatment?

Can people please tell me what they're paying for one "IPL for dry eye" treatment?

I get my whole face done for approx $350. I have been doing this for facial rosacea since 1994. Prices have come down over the years as more and more GPs and others decide to get into lasers/light.

I'd like to try a treatment specifically for dry eye, but I'm finding it hard to justify paying so much for so little.

Thanks.

Comment

Anyone reading who has had success with IPL as a post-LASIK patient?

Comment

Im very glad and hopeful to hear about the improvement with IPL treatment.

I know I would be a suitable candidate for this treatment since I have MGD causing dry eye and redness.

Does anyone if this treatment is coming to Europe anytime soon?

Maybe it would be best to send an email to dr toyos to find out how this method of treatment is spreading?

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus from Scandinavia View Post
                  Im very glad and hopeful to hear about the improvement with IPL treatment.

I know I would be a suitable candidate for this treatment since I have MGD causing dry eye and redness.

Does anyone if this treatment is coming to Europe anytime soon?

Maybe it would be best to send an email to dr toyos to find out how this method of treatment is spreading?
                  Marcus, i would just email the office and i'm sure they will respond, he has a great staff...i know he is training a lotta docs...maybe one near you...

Comment

I contacted Dr Toyos in May 2009 and this is part of his response; he was presenting his work at a symposium in Rome.

..........Will be meeting with some European doctors to discuss bringing the treatment to Europe.

My consultant hadn't heard of his procedure.

Comment

Dr. Toyos e-mail is down.

Comment

Thanks.. I will email him to find out.

Those of you who succesfully been treated with IPL for MGD and ocular roscea.. are your glands now functioning normally?

Comment

according to toyos, i had 100 percent blockage, and they are now open and functioning well......very comfy......ive had 5 treatments

Comment

beatles116...how many treatments did you have before you began to really notice more comfort?

so glad you and gretchen have had great results!

Comment

i've had 5 so far.....still very comfy....i would recommend the procedure with toyos doing it......

Comment

Working...
                              X