Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probing vs. IPL? Risks?

Hi,
    I have really bad dry eye, ocular rosacea, thus clogged pores. I have seen 4 doctors in the last 4 months. I will try to condense this...

My current doc. said he could do probing. He has been doing it for awhile. However, I have a SEVERE eye phobia (figures, ) and the procedure sounds like torture. He said he would numb my eyes and give me a Valium. It sill scares me and I am worried about the risks.

-Has anyone had a negative experience with probing?
    -Positive experiences with probing?

He also just went through training with Dr. Toyos and he said he could do the IPL. But, he said insurance doesn't cover it. It sounds less invasive, but my doc. has only done IPL in training and that concerns me and also it would be really expensive.

Any thoughts?

ALso, I went to a different doc. for a second (actually 4th) opinion and he put my on doxy. Only 50mg since I am rather thin. My current doc (the one who would like to do IPL or probing) doesn't like doxy. Said it doesn't work

-anyone have success with doxy?

Sorry I asked a lot of questions in this thread! I am just seeking some insight.

Thank you!

One more thing...It was funny when my current doc. was explaining IPL and probing to me that I already knew about it and Dr. Toyos bc of this website! I think he was surprised that I actually knew about these treatments. I told him he should check out this site!

Hi,

I have had a lot of improvement with both Doxy and IPL. It sounds like you have found a good doctor which is half the battle. IPL is definitely less invasive and treats several aspects of the disease. I would not be worried that your doc has not done more IPLs. It is a simple procedure.

Good luck,
    Gretchen

Comment

Ipl

Hi,
      Does anyone know of a dr. in southern ca that does IPL for severe dry eye (mgd)?
      Thanks,
      Mialegria

Comment

Working...
      X