This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debating on IPL or Probing..

I've read some interesting posts from fellow sufferers that have undergone ipl and/or probing. I have MGD/ ocular rosacea for three years and I am a bit confused on what route I should take. I had a consult with a doctor that does both procedures, although I was pretty dead set on doing the probing, I'm having trouble deciding which would be a better route. I understand it takes a least 4 months for relief with ipl, and probing would get an immediate relief?? Or i could take my chances and just do both?? Any suggestions??

When in doubt, go with the least invasive... that's my personal opinion.

I'm not the best person to comment on this because I haven't considered either (don't need them) but if I were in a position to be thinking about these treatments for myself, well, personally I would never even consider the probing unless I had some actual data showing its benefits - and quantifying the risks - for the specific category of MGD situation I belonged to.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

You're so right, I guess I was looking for an easy fix with the probing, but then again nothing is an easy fix!! Thanks Rebecca

Comment

Working...
      X