Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG expression: How much should it hurt?

I read the article Rebecca posted in her Newsletter and was wondering if anyone out there also had questions or comments about the article. It seems that the more I read about MGD, the more questions I have.

For those of you who don't get the newslwetter, here is a link to the article,
    http://dryeyedigest.blogspot.com/201...w-hard-to.html

First of all, I always only see liquid when I express my glands, never the thick toothpaste like goop that seems to be characteristic of MGD. Would that mean that I am not pressing hard enough and should be exerting more pressure to get beyond the liquid and possibly to the thick stuff?

This article also has me wondering about another article regarding 'meibomian gland murder'. Where a doctor stated that too much pressure could cause the glands to atrophy. The kind of pressure that Dr. Korb is referring to would surely contribute to gland atrophy?

One other observation, is the author of this study, Dr. Korb, not also connected to the Lipiflow procedure? Is his study on the quantity of pressure required to adequately express glands not an indirect plug for Lipiflow?

So how hard and how often should we be pressing on these tiny glands? Even if they are all cleared, what is to prevent them from clogging up again?

Any other thoughts out there?
Working...
X