Should I express?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I express?

I've had problems with my oil glands since my eye lids got red when I was on steroids for inflammation, the oils are still liquid (so my doctor says anyway, and he seems unconcerned, but when are they ever concerned) but I'm still getting problems. So do you guys think I need to express or will repeated heat over time sort them out? All this talk of expressing causing damage and uncertainty on best way to do it scares me. Oh and I don't have much guidance from my doctor as you would expect since my problem is "not serious"....
    Last edited by justbob; 26-Feb-2015, 11:37.
    prevention is better than cure, but not for eyes?

Bob, what treatments are you on now? Are you off steroid?
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Originally posted by littlemermaid View Post
      Bob, what treatments are you on now? Are you off steroid?
      Off steroid, just omega-3 3 times a day (and some other supplements), warm compress 3 times a day, express/massage 2 of those 3 times a day (using Q tip).

Last time I saw my ophthalmologist he said my said my oil glands are normal, but also said they are the same as the time before I saw him, and back then he said the left eye was worse, and that why they felt better futher back was they were overproducing! Now he wants me to "gradually reduce treatment and return to normal activity". All this seems like crazy nonsense to me, it's clearly not improved at all, I'm the patient I can feel/see what's going on (my eyelid margins are clearly red, one of them aches sometimes, I can feel when there's oil and what kind in my eyes, and the eye drops I use behave visible different as the oil decreased), is it me, am I crazy? or are these people just idiots?
      Last edited by justbob; 26-Mar-2015, 12:24.
      prevention is better than cure, but not for eyes?

Comment

Working...
      X