Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhoenixEyes
    replied
    Came across this today when looking up about MGD expression. Looks like it was added to Amazon January 2017.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eyepeace-me.../dp/B01NCS3JZQ

No reviews yet there unfortunately, some have been posted on the aforemnetioned butterflies site though.
    http://www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk...#product-tabs2

Youtube channel with videos demonstrating it:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoC...view=0&sort=dd
    Last edited by PhoenixEyes; 03-Mar-2017, 09:43.

Leave a comment:

• lizlou29
    replied
    My experience of using the device is much the same as Unicorn's. Helpful for those who don't know how to perform lid massage but I've gone back to using my fingers and doing it the way I was shown by my Ophthalmologist. The device is now being sold through Butterflies Eyecare, a reputable site http://www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk...%2ehtml#SID=43

Leave a comment:

• OompaLoompa
    replied
    My chrome browser is advising against even visiting eyelidmassage.com as "google safe browse" seems to have detected malware on that website recently.

Also: https://www.virustotal.com/de/url/9c...is/1447423638/

I use virustotal.com often and I literally never had a website with 2 positives.

Leave a comment:

• unicorn
    replied
    Hi, I'm sorry for the delay in updating. I haven't really been using my Eyepeace very much at all. It's a bit fiddly and I don't find it any more effective than using my fingers. It works ok on my upper lids (in a firm downwards stroke) but I can do this just as well with my finger. It is ddifficult to use on my lower lids. I think it's a nice idea but in reality, for me, it didn't do much. Not expensive though so I think it's worth a try for those struggling with how best to do lid massage.

Leave a comment:

• dominorose
    replied
    Any updates?

Leave a comment:

• MGD666
    replied
    Thank you! - the 2nd photo really gives me a much better idea of how it actually looks. Do you find it to be effective thus far?

Leave a comment:

• unicorn
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	155814Click image for larger version

Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	155815Click image for larger version

Size:	233.0 KB
ID:	155816

Hope this helps - it's a bit hard to photograph the Eyepeace well!

Leave a comment:

• irish eyes
    replied
    I completed a survey of their website - including feedback on their poor marketing of the 'gadget'.

It needs something better than illustrations and written descriptions; if it is a small company, then perhaps they haven't taken this into account.

I contacted them with a simple query about the gadget the other week and I was advised to phone them if I wanted to place an order. Not quite the response I expected but I would like to think the gadget has its merits - so we do need to find these things out.

Leave a comment:

• MGD666
    replied
    Hi unicorn - yes, please let us know how it goes as you use it more. Is there a way for you to post a photo of this? (the one on the linked webpage is not very detailed).

Leave a comment:

• unicorn
    replied
    My 'Eyepeace' arrived on Wednesday and I used it for the first time last night.

Initial impressions - it's surprisingly soft and flexible material and feels comfortable on the eyelids. I think it will take some time to get the hang of the best way to use it though. I didn't overdo it as my eyelids are quite sore at the moment (I have rosacea).

As with any 'gadget', where dry eye is concerned, it'll probably work brilliantly for some people whereas others will be completely indifferent to it. I like the fact that devices like these are being developed, though, and I'm sure more will follow. It was encouraging talking to my optometrist last week. He tells me how there's always new developments in the understanding and treatment of dry eye, and this gives me hope

Leave a comment:

• grant555
    replied
    i agree that maybe someone will come up with an expressing device to help at some point, i am just skeptical on this device based on the information on the website. there doesn't appear to be any real studies supporting its effectiveness -- just a few testimonials from some random people. and it states that TBUT did not improve using it, just subjective signs of redness and comfort.

i also would think they would post a video showing how it works.

Leave a comment:

• littlemermaid
    replied
    Only 10 % of the respondents massaged their eyes vertically, which is identified as the best way to express the glands. Whilst 32% massaged in an ineffective manner such as in a circular/horizontal motion or applying pressure. 43% reported no regular massage and of this subgroup, one category was identified as those who tried massage but without significant results. Nearly a quarter of respondents reported they were not advised to massage. A relative ignorance of correct and therefore an effective massage technique can be deduced from this survey.
    Spot on there, Lizlou. Looks like docs are ignorant on techniques and are not advising patients. Science isn't my training but it always makes me LOL how you get 10% of 88 people! Love a gadget though

Leave a comment:

• lizlou29
    replied
    Originally posted by Max52 View Post
    If it works
    Of course but I'd rather spend £25 on something that doesn't work for me than the money I spent on Lipiflow that was meant to make my eyes feel normal for 9 months but most definitely didn't. I'm not expecting miracles, I'm just saying it's good to have more options available and I think there will be more home expression devices like this available soon.

Leave a comment:

• Max52
    replied
    Originally posted by lizlou29 View Post
    I see where you are coming from grant555. There is a lot of money to be made in the market for dry eye products but as I've yet to find two ophthalmologists who will give the same instructions when asked how to express the MG's I think devices like this are a welcome addition, especially when it's inexpensive.
    If it works

Leave a comment:

• lizlou29
    replied
    I see where you are coming from grant555. There is a lot of money to be made in the market for dry eye products but as I've yet to find two ophthalmologists who will give the same instructions when asked how to express the MG's I think devices like this are a welcome addition, especially when it's inexpensive.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X